Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #1

Default Mazdaspeed 3 build

I blew my motor and melted a hole in the #3 piston big enough to put your finger in it and it also melted the cylinder sleeve. They replaced the sleave and honed all the sleaves.

pistion with the hole melted thru

same but up close

the new pistions —:icon_thumright:

the new rods —:icon_thumright:

alright pics of the FMIC

hot pipe of the intercooler

had to move the power steering cooler lines up a bolt

done and on the car without the bumper

cold pipe from the intercooler

with the bumper on

another pic with the bumper on

took the gay honeycomb out.

wrapped the intake with aluminum bubble wrap. Need to warp the turbo inlet pipe and cold pipe. Thanks to Ziggo.

I had the head and intake manifold ported but for some reason I didn't put them on photobucket and deleted the pics. I fail.

The current mods are in my sig. My current tune is sitting at 311whp and 370wtq. I'm going to buy some nt555r's and tune for 3 gal of e85. Should put me around 330whp and 390wtq.

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 02-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #2

Very very nice. That is a hell of alot of hp for fwd. It should be fun!
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 02-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #3

Thanks. I dont get traction till 4th right now. Lol

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 02-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Nice work. Why'd it melt in the first place and how's the torque steer?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #5

I was having fuel pump problems so it ran lean. With solid motor mounts I dont get much...anymore. Before when I just had a rear motor mount it made lane changes for me lol

Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #6

Let there be traction

Old 02-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #7

Those are interesting connecting rods. I haven't seen that "t" cross section before. You'll love those tires. Last time I was at the track with mine, I cut .12 off of my 60' without a hint of traction loss. Rest assured, I'm working on the too much traction problem though.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #8

Thanks. I can't wait to get the new clutch in/broken in and get these tires on. Then it's e85 time

Old 04-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #9

Ok got the clutch in and broken in. Got the drag radials on. Those hook so well. Got the GS ebcs installed in 3 port mode. Tuning boost then start with e85 this weekend.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosten ya View Post
Ok got the clutch in and broken in. Got the drag radials on. Those hook so well. Got the GS ebcs installed in 3 port mode. Tuning boost then start with e85 this weekend.

How much power are you looking at once you crank up the boost? What can the injectors handle? I think you have the stockers based on your signature but am not too well versed in the Mazda speed arena.