Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Boost Junkie

Default 93+ octane in CA

I've been looking for 93 Octane Gas in SoCal... does this even exist anymore? I stumbled across an article that was hinting that CA doesn't have it anymore due to some stupid law...

Looking for 93... not race fuel. I've already sourced 100 Octane but I'm not spending 8-10 dollars a gallon to DD it.

If it's not currently available can I use Octane Boosters? Maybe A Meth/Alky/Water injection to be able to pull higher boost and more timing?

Just ordered a Diablosport, and I'd like to make use of that 93 tune but havn't found any 93

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
I've been looking for 93 Octane Gas in SoCal... does this even exist anymore? I stumbled across an article that was hinting that CA doesn't have it anymore due to some stupid law...

Looking for 93... not race fuel. I've already sourced 100 Octane but I'm not spending 8-10 dollars a gallon to DD it.

If it's not currently available can I use Octane Boosters? Maybe A Meth/Alky/Water injection to be able to pull higher boost and more timing?

Just ordered a Diablosport, and I'd like to make use of that 93 tune but havn't found any 93
The Hippie Tree Huggers did away with 93 Octane a long time ago. 100 is pretty available, but if you're going to mix race gas, just mix 110 because it's about the same price.

However, I need about 93 and I run a little bit of Torco Mach Fuel Accelerator. It absolutely works. Half a quart or so per 15 galoons is probably plenty. I have some if you want to try it. Unlike other octane boosters which only add about 0.1 point per what they call a point, this stuff is potent, and oh yeah, expensive. But it's more convenient and a bit cheaper than mixing tanks of gas if you buy in volume (5 gal cans).

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I'm not sure of any stations that sell 93 in California. I think some Sunoco's have 94 octane but I don't think we have any in So Cal.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The Hippie Tree Huggers did away with 93 Octane a long time ago. 100 is pretty available, but if you're going to mix race gas, just mix 110 because it's about the same price.

However, I need about 93 and I run a little bit of Torco Mach Fuel Accelerator. It absolutely works. Half a quart or so per 15 galoons is probably plenty. I have some if you want to try it. Unlike other octane boosters which only add about 0.1 point per what they call a point, this stuff is potent, and oh yeah, expensive. But it's more convenient and a bit cheaper than mixing tanks of gas if you buy in volume (5 gal cans).
I was just referred that stuff, it's $200-250 for a 5 g drum

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
Boost Junkie

just an obersvation there, i'd love to give it a shot... i figure at about 6 fillups a months i could spend an extra 150 a month on that for race gas... ugh haha

I think there might be a sunoco nearby. I'm gonna look.

the torco definitely seems the best way to go.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Do not mix VP110 with pump gas! VP110 is a leaded gas and will plug your cats. You can mix VP Street Blaze 100 and 91 without problems.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Do not mix VP110 with pump gas! VP110 is a leaded gas and will plug your cats. You can mix VP Street Blaze 100 and 91 without problems.
no cat.

and no sunoco either, musta read a wrong name somewhere...

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
I was just referred that stuff, it's $200-250 for a 5 g drum
Yep. But assuming you have something like a 12 -15 gal tank you're probably talking on the order of 40 - 50 tanks of gas, so roughly an extra $5~/tank. Not bad at all. If only we lived in a more civilized place, like North Carolina, we wouldn't have to deal with silly stuff like this.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Yeah sorry, should have specified for other readers, but I knew he didn't have a cat because he doesn't care about the Earth.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Yeah sorry, should have specified for other readers, but I knew he didn't have a cat because he doesn't care about the Earth.
its ok tho... hybrids are booming.

License plate border reads "Drive a hybrid, I need your gas"

<guy in turbo eclipse>