Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #1

Default Introduction

Hi, I'm John, private investigator from Orange County.

I was the former owner of a Cadillac XLR. That one was a lemon. I was having trouble with my case, so I camped outside the dealership that sold it to me and stood on top of the car all day with a sign that said "This dealership sells lemons!!" After two days, I finally got all my payments back, and had the car paid in full. I also got a pretty good tan standing out there all day!! By the way, the dealership didn't sell a single car in those two days thanks to this loud protester.

Today, I'm the proud co-owner (but never get to drive) an Infiniti G35.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadams11 View Post
Hi, I'm John, private investigator from Orange County.

I was the former owner of a Cadillac XLR. That one was a lemon. I was having trouble with my case, so I camped outside the dealership that sold it to me and stood on top of the car all day with a sign that said "This dealership sells lemons!!" After two days, I finally got all my payments back, and had the car paid in full. I also got a pretty good tan standing out there all day!! By the way, the dealership didn't sell a single car in those two days thanks to this loud protester.

Today, I'm the proud co-owner (but never get to drive) an Infiniti G35.
Welcome aboard. Say, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of you standing on the roof of your XLR, cuz that'd be about the coolest profile pic evah.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Welcome aboard. Say, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of you standing on the roof of your XLR, cuz that'd be about the coolest profile pic evah.
No, I wish. I was in the newspaper though. At least 20 people stopped and took pictures with their cell phone cameras, it was awesome.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnadams11 View Post
No, I wish. I was in the newspaper though. At least 20 people stopped and took pictures with their cell phone cameras, it was awesome.
Well, the next time you stand on the roof of your car to protest something, but sure to get a picture!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
FWD = FAIL

haha i think i have seen that i go to slidebar in fullerton and i saw a car that said that in a parking garage there. i think it was felix don't know maybe felix was just in my head for some reason. i think it was black also don't remember that its been a few months
Old 05-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #6

Haha, yes!! That was mine. I can't believe someone else saw it and is now on this board. It was pretty obvious, I had red window paint all over every window, even the windshield.

I was parking it in that structure since I lived nearby. I was driving another car at the time.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
Super Moderator

A lemon XLR?! Did it have the LS6 engine? What was wrong with it?
Old 05-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #8

8/10 - Replaced battery.
9/13 - GPS/Radio unit replaced.
10/16 - Replaced fuel tank cap. Replaced trunk seperator. Aligned hood.
10/23 - Replaced squeaking brakes. Replaced GPS antenna.
11/08 - Replaced center console.
12/18 - Flushed fuel injectors.
12/26 - Flushed rear differential.
01/30 - Flushed rear differential.
02/12 - Center speaker vibrating, part ordered.
02/13 - Now the brakes are going out, after being replaced 6k miles ago. They're refusing to take it in for warranty service without my authorization for $100 of repair.

ENGINE RATTLE

I have visited multiple times for a rattle in the engine during acceleration. It sounds like I am using low-quality gas in the car. However, I have always used “Top Tier” brand gasolines at the highest octane available. After multiple repair attempts, the dealer tells me the vehicle is working to specifications. If I take the vehicle in for further repair attempts, they say the vehicle is working to specifications and there is nothing they can check.

BURNING SMELL

I have visited multiple times for a burning odor coming from rear axle area of the vehicle. This occurs after driving the vehicle in manual transmission mode. The dealer tells me the vehicle is working to specifications. They also stated that they were instructed by Cadillac to road test two other 2006 Cadillac XLR’s. The dealer told me that the other two vehicles tested had the same odor. If I take the vehicle in for further repair attempts, they say the vehicle is working to specifications and there is nothing they can check.

GPS UNIT

I waited from 09/13/06 until 10/16/06 for a GPS Unit to be delivered to Tustin Cadillac. During this time, my GPS unit was showing me in a different location than I really was and this feature of the car was unusable. On 10/16/06, the GPS Unit was replaced. This did not fix the issue. I returned 10/23/06 and had the GPS antenna replaced. This resolved the issue.

GRINDING NOISE FROM REAR AXLE

I have visited multiple times for a grinding noise while first moving from a cold start. I took the vehicle in on 02/19/07, and this will be their third repair attempt. I still have not received my vehicle back 7 days later.

I don't know if this is in my paste above, but at one time, the vehicle was in the shop for 35 days straight. The entire time I was stuck driving a Cadillac CTS instead of a XLR. And, this wasn't one of the newer 08 CTS's, this was one of the horrible looking older ones.

The final resolution...

General Motors:

1. Paid off my loan
2. Paid over $5k in Attorney's Fees to attorney
3. Paid back 98% of my payments

I basically drove an $80,000 car for free for over a year.