Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #371
Progeny of the Great Apocolypse

Just an update. I plan on finishing the front bumper in the near future. Then I'll pick away at the body work that we can do without spending to much cash.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #372
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon View Post
Just an update. I plan on finishing the front bumper in the near future. Then I'll pick away at the body work that we can do without spending to much cash.
Cool. Maybe enkeivette can finish up the rear bumper as well.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #373

Quote:
How much cash is needed to finish the body work?

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #374
Progeny of the Great Apocolypse

Well at the moment we just need some money for fiberglass. After that we have the materials we just need the free time.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #375

Quote:
Well at the moment we just need some money for fiberglass. After that we have the materials we just need the free time.
So how much is the fiberglass?

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #376
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
How much cash is needed to finish the body work?
I'd have to talk to enkeivevette about reasonable paint options, that's what can easily get expensive. Let's say about $1k for what we had in mind, remaining fiberglass, paint, etc.

Likewise, finishing the engine, including some nice swap headers about $1k.

Wheels tires and brakes, fuel, and misc, probably around $2k.

Finishing the car, nicely has I had planned and will wait to do nicely, is around $4k and maybe 200 hours. This is all rough estimating and depends on if I can get deals on some stuff from Granny Speed for the solid/delron bushings, etc., but is probably a fairly accurate ball park estimate.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'd have to talk to enkeivevette about reasonable paint options, that's what can easily get expensive. Let's say about $1k for what we had in mind, remaining fiberglass, paint, etc.

Likewise, finishing the engine, including some nice swap headers about $1k.

Wheels tires and brakes, fuel, and misc, probably around $2k.

Finishing the car, nicely has I had planned and will wait to do nicely, is around $4k and maybe 200 hours. This is all rough estimating and depends on if I can get deals on some stuff from Granny Speed for the solid/delron bushings, etc., but is probably a fairly accurate ball park estimate.
How much for the body work, not including paint? I think I can probably contribute some cash for that right now.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #378
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
How much for the body work, not including paint? I think I can probably contribute some cash for that right now.
Aaron, whattaya think?

The remaining fab, if we did everything we wanted would be scoop for blower, dash of some kind, piece to replace sun roof, and diffuser. $250 would go a long way Anything is appreciated and will be used to advance the cause.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Aaron, whattaya think?

The remaining fab, if we did everything we wanted would be scoop for blower, dash of some kind, piece to replace sun roof, and diffuser. $250 would go a long way Anything is appreciated and will be used to advance the cause.
Check your PayPal.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:53 AM   #380
Super Moderator

Quote:
Check your PayPal.
Wow, generous!

I'm in town, I can get that rear bumper on there. Let's prime this fucker this month.