Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #521
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
This good, bad? I had the car finished relatively quick, then popped the motor. Sure is a hell of a lot sooner than the gray car thats for sure.
Not bad. It's come a long way. I'm pretty excited to see you at the track. If nothing more than to kick your ass.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #522
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Considering all the work he has done on it (body, paint, etc.) I don't think that's all that bad.
Thanks, Also using entirely 100% found parts from forums and craigslist.

Picked up my rotating assembly friday before Justin and I left for Vegas. Crank needed no mallory which is a HUGE plus. Just small amounts of material removal. Rods had just a touch of material removed as well. Rod finished by media blasting the decks of the pistons, apparently this strengthens the pistons by 2-5x a standard forging. All for $175.

Since I don't have a bolt stretch gauge i'm going to assemble it all tomorrow and torque the rod bolts when I get one. Rod commented he hopes i'm not putting a 1500hp capable rotating assembly in a stock block

He said these parts won't even sneeze at 1000rwhp in a boss block. Which is exactly what I like to hear.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #523
pain's fun, hit me again

Everything went fine up until I realized I was shorted a ring, well the center spring section of the oil ring set.
Since I want the ability to grow in the future I set the ring gaps a little larger than a standard boosted application. .65mm on the top ring, and .76mm on the bottom ring.

So I put 7 pistons in until I can track down another spring ring, everything else went fine. Just need to torque everything down once I get a stretch gauge and bring my torque wrench to the shop.

Here's the pretty stuff

Coated race bearings

I was worried the pistons wouldn't come in below the deck, they did. Rough measurements are .010, i'll know exactly when I degree the cam

Gapping fun

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #524
Fast & Filthy

Looking good but sorry about the rings. What was the bearing clearance?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #525
pain's fun, hit me again

end play or compression?
There was almost zero end play and the bearings all came in around .0021. since these are coated high crush bearings they run a tad tighter. But should be fine overall.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #526
Fast & Filthy

I was asking about all which you just answered, lol. Did you get a stretch gauge yet?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #527
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I was asking about all which you just answered, lol. Did you get a stretch gauge yet?
Not yet, gonna have to bite the bullet and buy one. Also going to buy a new ring compressor cause mine sucks dick.

Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #528
Fast & Filthy

Is that a 4.030 bore? If so I have one of these you can borrow.

They work great. You can push the piston in by hand with it.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #529
I, Vettezuki

It's just pretty to look at.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #530
Fast & Filthy

I'm assuming that you were going to pull it apart again but I guess since you already installed the pistons, you are talking about needing a new one for future builds.