Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
Fast & Filthy

Wait, so are you saying I don't know what I'm doing either because I only have a high school education and have no certifications in the automotive trade? A college degree doesn't make a person intelligent. You either are or you aren't. I know people with higher education than me who are not nearly as intelligent.

It's also my opinion that you don't have to have a college degree to make it in life. I have a good job making decent money. I have a nice house, a few cars and trucks that I play with, my wife doesn't have to work and we have two kids who we provide for. Sure I may have to wait to be able to buy some of the stuff I want but it's not like I don't have decently quick and well handling vehicles.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
Internet Tough Guy

I think it's pretty clear who the post were directed to Ron. You are taking it out of context. I really think 50% of what Guy states if wrong and complete bullshit intended only to stir the pot. I don't remember ever questioning you on any of your threads, build, or advice. That and the fact that you actually got your car to work and have successfully raced you cars separates you from him. The whole formal education string is questioning the basis of his knowledge since he has limited success on his build, limited work experience, and as stated limited education. Frankly if you wrote some of the shit he wrote I would call you on it too.

Intelligence is simply the ability to absorb and process information.
Knowledge is the amount of information that a person possesses.
Wisdom is the ability to use that knowledge to arrive at the correct answer.
So no I don't think you need to be a college graduate to be intelligent or successful.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter

Old 09-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #23
Fast & Filthy

I took your statement the wrong way. All's good.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #24
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I think it's pretty clear who the post were directed to Ron. You are taking it out of context. I really think 50% of what Guy states if wrong and complete bullshit intended only to stir the pot. I don't remember ever questioning you on any of your threads, build, or advice. That and the fact that you actually got your car to work and have successfully raced you cars separates you from him. The whole formal education string is questioning the basis of his knowledge since he has limited success on his build, limited work experience, and as stated limited education. Frankly if you wrote some of the shit he wrote I would call you on it too.

Intelligence is simply the ability to absorb and process information.
Knowledge is the amount of information that a person possesses.
Wisdom is the ability to use that knowledge to arrive at the correct answer.
So no I don't think you need to be a college graduate to be intelligent or successful.
Welcome to the Internet's, where up is down, black is white and for just 14.95 You can make millions. You sound like an idiot BTW, just figured I'd update you.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 09-26-2013, 04:32 AM   #25
I, Vettezuki

All who have been here for a while know that I do not intervene much. This is because I ultimately believe in people's ability to be decent with one another, or to at least ignore one another when they are annoyed. This has mostly worked well, for an admittedly tiny site for 10 years now and I'd like to keep it that way.

At this point, you two have basically a few choices: 1) engage each other in a more positive way 2) ignore each other or 3) take it to the Drunken Brawl Cafe, currently hidden, where there are borderline no rules until you burn out your conflict and fall back to 1, or 2. These are your choices not mine as I respect you as adults to find your own way. You both love cars, but have different specific interests and are in different stages of life, resources, and abilities.

What's it going to be?

I'm posting this here for transparency.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 09-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #26
Power's off.

Jeesh. I have learned over the years when people attack people, they have run out of ammo.
Of all the LS-7 engines I have worked on/know of around here, 1 engine broke 1 valve spring.
I would think if 1 out of 20 failed, there would be Vettes up on blocks all over So Cal., or Diane Sawyer would report it on World News Tonight.
As for CF, those guys are more authoritive about cordinating floor mats and fuzzy dice than engines.
I would also expect a machine shop to have broken parts, as most people do not rebuild engines that are working fine.
Hope this helps Ben.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #27
Internet Tough Guy

drunken brawl

Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #28
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Jeesh. I have learned over the years when people attack people, they have run out of ammo.
Of all the LS-7 engines I have worked on/know of around here, 1 engine broke 1 valve spring.
I would think if 1 out of 20 failed, there would be Vettes up on blocks all over So Cal., or Diane Sawyer would report it on World News Tonight.
As for CF, those guys are more authoritive about cordinating floor mats and fuzzy dice than engines.
I would also expect a machine shop to have broken parts, as most people do not rebuild engines that are working fine.
Hope this helps Ben.
The only LS7 failures I have seen with my own eye (not online) have been rod failures due to the TI rods scoring. Thanks for the input.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #29
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Welcome to the Internet's, where up is down, black is white and for just 14.95 You can make millions. You sound like an idiot BTW, just figured I'd update you.
I'm sorry if I'm the first person on the internet to realize you are 100% full of shit. Make sure to use oven mitts when taking you powder coated parts out of your moms stove that you keep in your dad's shop.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #30
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I'm sorry if I'm the first person on the internet to realize you are 100% full of shit. Make sure to use oven mitts when taking you powder coated parts out of your moms stove that you keep in your dad's shop.
Cool story bro, I don't have a mom. Why don't you stick to the advice you gave me and stay out of my thread, kthnxbai.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!