Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #1

Default Dash cams

Anyone on here have one or know anything about them.

Looking to buy 3 or 4.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:25 AM   #2

What great timing. I just got through installing mine on our 2014 Jetta the other day & I’m seriously considering getting another one for the GTO. After reading a bunch of reviews/opinions & watching many hours of footage (dashcamstore and You Tube) I bought the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH from Amazon. It included the Power Magic PRO and a 64GB memory card. The seller was: HD Video Depot but there are other sellers carrying the same thing. One of the main reasons I bought the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH is that it has a capacitor and not a battery. Another deciding factor was the second camera for the rear of the car. Now that it’s installed & I’ve had the chance to run a few errands, I wouldn’t even consider one that didn’t have a rearward camera. The phone app from Blackvue is free & if I can figure it out anyone can. I hope this helps you out a bit.
http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/
http://thedashcamstore.com/
Amazon.com : BlackVue New 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH...Amazon.com : BlackVue New 2 Channel DR650GW-2CH...
Old 10-24-2015, 09:36 AM   #3

thanks.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Is this for insurance reasons?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #5

Not specifically.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

The entertainment factor can be high. You could spend a lot of time watching dash cams from Russia alone. Sweet Jesus . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The entertainment factor can be high. You could spend a lot of time watching dash cams from Russia alone. Sweet Jesus . . .
No shit, people throwing multiple hatches from moving vehicles, aligators getting loose from vans. Many a night wasted watched that stuff
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:23 PM   #8

One of my issues is I would prefer it was more stealthy. Don't want people breaking into my car to steal a dash cam and don't want to be remounting it all the time.