Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #1

Default My sad day.

I might as well post it here. First off, we were NOT racing at the time of the incident, we were heading someplace fun though.

Two weeks ago today, a buddy and I were headed out to do some comparison tests. We put gas in the Goat, and went to get on the 91 west. There was a red light and a truck turning right too. So we stopped. My buddy was in the GTO ahead of me and is horrible with directions. So the light turned green, and we went. I pulled up next to him and told him to follow me. We were only going about 20mph when this happened. I think when we took off, he gave it too much gas and it down shifted to 1st and he wasn't ready for it. So he lost control, went into my lane (the left lane) and I hit him in the drivers side door. I spun around and he went off of the edge and rolled it.

We both walked away with nothing wrong other than him landing on his head after he unbuckled the seat belt.

The GTO is a total loss, and will be paid off next week. The Eclispe was towed to my house so I could tear everything out and replace the radiator support section. That was the original plan but the whole front end needs to be replaced and I don't want to do that. So, I'm going to pick up an 01-03 Galant GTZ and swap over everything into that.

We did talk to two different CHP officers and neither of us were cited for anything. Luckily my buddy is still alive and not even in the hospital.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 08-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

Good thing I didnt paint the Eclipse just yet, otherwise I'd be more upset about that.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 08-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Holy crap, I'm glad you're both okay. What a mess
Old 08-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #4

The one thing that was funny was when the CHP officer asked for both of our licenses and registrations. My buddy handed him just his drivers license and I handed him my drivers license and insurance card. He asked for my buddies insurance and I told him the one I gave him will cover both cars. He looked at the card, looked at both of the cars and then looked at me. I just shook my head and said "yeah, that's right" and you could tell he didn't know what to say.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

So are they going to be covered?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #6

The GTO is the only one that I'm claiming and it will be paid off this week by he insurance company. I didn't claim the Eclipse because it isn't worth jack and I didn't want them taking away all the engine/trans, and turbo setup I just got working flawlessly.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
pain's fun, hit me again

I doubt they will total the eclipse, even if they do its always your right to have the car back first, i think when my buddy wrecked his car he got the check and bought it back for like $800

You should buy back the GTO and sell me the engine
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #8

They want $5k for the GTO for buy back. I wanted the engine/trans and all of it for a future project. I told them they might be the proud owners of a GTO.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
pain's fun, hit me again

Negotiate them down, im sure you could walk away with it for 2k. They arent just going to give it back to you without a fight. Talk to Adam, he might have tips

Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #10

I’m glad that you’re both uninjured. “Sad day.” I’d be devastated if that happened to mine.