Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
sr20... sr20
I know a little bit about the RB25DET, and that the 2JZGTE is basically a superior motor, especially in stock form. But I know squat about the SR20, please to esplain.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #12
Super Moderator

How much hp does it make? It won't be easy/ possible to mod, keep that in mind. If it makes decent hp stock (like 500 territory) go for it.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure the SR20 is a Nissan motor, the 4cyl truck motor that comes in the 240Z that all the ricers go nuts for. Doesn't make hp, nothing special about it.

I beat a modded turbo Silvia when my motor was NA. Punished him. Might as well have been charged with sodemy.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'm pretty sure the SR20 is a Nissan motor, the 4cyl truck motor that comes in the 240Z that all the ricers go nuts for. Doesn't make hp, nothing special about it.

I beat a modded turbo Silvia when my motor was NA. Punished him. Might as well have been charged with sodemy.

Gotta update the thread. The 750li V12 is out. Too complex to make sing. If I could get my hands on the 5.0L V10 out of an M5 that'd be hoot, but I'm guessing best case scenarios those are going to be way out of range. Aaron is against the 2ZJ, so I might just give in and go with the tried and true SBC.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #15

No, the SR20 isnt the motor out of our 240sx. Correct me if im wrong here import fans, but i believe the SR20 is what the JDM silvias got instead of our...KA24? i think? SR20 DET is a 2.0 turbo four that is kind of the ubiquitous swap motor for datsun 510s and the like. Can be built real stout and make big power if done right, think of it like the 4 cyl version of an RB or something. Would probably be my swap of choice into said 510/210 if i couldnt do a sbf/sbc. But if you put it in a 240 itll just be yet another 240 with an SR20. NOTHING even remotely special about that, it may be more common than 240s with original motors at this point.

Wow. Did NOT know i knew that much about import motors. I may punch MYSELF in the face for that.

If you need any help with the z let me know. My dad is a huge Z guy. He just demodded his 600 rwhp Z32 300 ZX TT, and has had Zs pretty much as long as i can remember. I know the most badass Z either of us have ever seen was an early 280Z ( pre ZX ) With a TT LS motor....Thats gonna get my vote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #16

Twin Turbo 1UZ-FE in VVT-i form, Toyotas V8.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
Twin Turbo 1UZ-FE in VVT-i form, Toyotas V8.
Don't know much (anything) about them? Anything particularly cool? Can they be had aftermarket relatively easily? If so, how much?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #18
Neanderthal

You never do anything the easy way. SBC is the way to go here. But, noooo....
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
You never do anything the easy way. SBC is the way to go here. But, noooo....
There's only one way to go, the fun way.

Actually a peripheral port 20BT (turbo 3 rotor) would be galdarned hoot in a 240z.

A BMW V10 (out of an M5) would be bitch'n too (but those are way too pricey).

We'll see. One project car at a time.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #20
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There's only one way to go, the fun way.

Actually a peripheral port 20BT (turbo 3 rotor) would be galdarned hoot in a 240z.

A BMW V10 (out of an M5) would be bitch'n too (but those are way too pricey).

We'll see. One project car at a time.
Yea, the Snake then the 2nd Gen Camaro and then the 240z. Yep, your life is about covered.
2016 Nissan Altma