Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Carbon fiber spoiler on a C3?

Not that my wheels go with retro styling anyways, but would a carbon fiber spoiler on a black C3 look gaudy?

I'm thinking of making an 8" spoiler, sticking 4" past the stock wing, flush with the body.

Opinions?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Not that my wheels go with retro styling anyways, but would a carbon fiber spoiler on a black C3 look gaudy?

I'm thinking of making an 8" spoiler, sticking 4" past the stock wing, flush with the body.

Opinions?
Photoshop mock-up please. I'm having a hard time imagining what you're suggesting.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Don't know how to photoshop. Imagine laying an 8" long piece of plywood over your stock spoiler (which is a 4" lip pointing up to the sky at a 45 degree angle). 4" of that 8" plywood is hanging over the edge.

But instead of plywood, it's carbon fiber.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Don't know how to photoshop. Imagine laying an 8" long piece of plywood over your stock spoiler (which is a 4" lip pointing up to the sky at a 45 degree angle). 4" of that 8" plywood is hanging over the edge.

But instead of plywood, it's carbon fiber.
Are you specifically going for rear down force, or a different look? What's the primary goal?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Are you specifically going for rear down force, or a different look? What's the primary goal?
Aesthetics, but I'm sure it would be functional. ...That 82 front bumper is 10X more aerodynamic than the 78 bumper.