Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #1

Default Porsche club Car Control Clinic

This event is put on by the Porsche Owners Group and is open to all makes.
We did this last year and it was a blast ! The morning was spent going to different stations....Wet skidpad, wet and dry figure 8s, slalom and accident avoidance/threshold braking. Each time with a driving instructor riding shotgun. Then lunch was served...and after lunch we got to run the autocross course. It is a all day event.

If you are so inclined, Sunday is all day autocross and I will most likely attend that also.

Here is the thread with photos from last year..
http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showth...ight=autocross

Link to registration page..
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....F#.UNZQPm_IUxg

The OCR/Walter’s Porsche AutoX Series Championship season will kick-off in February 2013 at El Toro Field, Irvine. The inaugural event of the season is the OCR Drivers’ Clinic. This is a great starting point for anyone to learn better car control and have fun with your Porsche. You will be provided an Instructor for the day and, after the morning car control exercises, a mini-AutoX course will be set up for you to practice your newly learned skills. This is more fun than you can imagine and everyone learns at their own pace!

Even if you are not interested in AutoX events, this is a great starting point to learn better car control and have fun with your Porsche. If you would like to proceed further, this Clinic helps prepare you for future AutoX and Track events.

Registration for the OCR Drivers’ Clinic is available through pcaocr.motorsportreg.com.

If you have any questions, please contact
Autocross Co-Chair Craig Adams ocrautox@live.com
Autocross Co-Chair Christine Newcomer ocrautox@live.com

SEE YOU @ EL TORO!!!

Last edited by Shaolin Crane : 12-22-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Whats the cost?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #3

I checked the site but there’s no price info yet: “Registration Opens: Tue Jan 1, 2013 8:00A.M. (Pacific time)”

Oh man, am I going to do this again? Do remember how dirty your car was afterward? I’ll need to change to my other tires… It was huge fun though. Arghh…
Old 12-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #4

I just noticed I spelled Porsche wrong in title !!!

And I added a link to the registration page in OP.

It was $130 last year and worth every penny!! I got lucky last year. I did not have the money and my boss at the smog shop took care of it. But I will be going for sure this year.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Hmm, the blue car might actually be ready for this. Its alot softer then the race car so it would be a good thing to learn how to drive it in its current state.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!