Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #21
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
There is ONE good thing about MSD. When the box goes out they have a flat rate to fix it. Last time I checked it was $60.00. No matter what is wrong with it. Wonder why that is??????
That's another thing I liked about the Mallory. I had it on my car for 12 years without any issues. I thnik it would still have been fine it I would have bought another Mallory distributor. Three days after I put the MSD distributor in the Chevelle the Mallory box went out.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #22
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
That's another thing I liked about the Mallory. I had it on my car for 12 years without any issues. I thnik it would still have been fine it I would have bought another Mallory distributor. Three days after I put the MSD distributor in the Chevelle the Mallory box went out.
I bought an Accel Coil in 1972 and used it until last year. It still works. I bought a NEW MSD coil and it only lasted 1 month. Yep, Accel and Mallory made great stuff--still do.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #23
Graphics B*tch

Default She is ALIVE!!!

Well, she is finnaly up and reunning. The problem ended up being...wait for it...my dad had taken out the dash cluster and did not hook the tach back up so the engine would not run. Once we did that she ran just fine. She is avery rich and the clutch still needs to be adjusted but she is running again. He took her down to Savi with me today. I would of had video of his first run but when I tried to upload the 4.5MB file, all it did was think about it. After like 15 min I just said forget it, Motorgen.com sucks!!!

Gotta love the shameless Motorgen.com sticker placement in the shot.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #24
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Well, she is finnaly up and reunning. The problem ended up being...wait for it...my dad had taken out the dash cluster and did not hook the tach back up so the engine would not run. Once we did that she ran just fine. She is avery rich and the clutch still needs to be adjusted but she is running again. He took her down to Savi with me today. I would of had video of his first run but when I tried to upload the 4.5MB file, all it did was think about it. After like 15 min I just said forget it, Motorgen.com sucks!!!

Nice looking Elanor. Wall Mart has the original "Gone in 60 Seconds".

BTW; Darlene blew up the engine in her T-bird last night.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #25

Very nice pair of Machs!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:

Awesome pictures. Your dad's car is sooooooo long
Old 06-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #27
Graphics B*tch

Almost forgot about this post. So we got me dad's car running and took her out months ago and he could not get it into 4th gear. We adjusted everything and double checked everything and nothing. So my dad called the outfit that he bought the tranny from about 9 months prior and they said send it back and we will look at it, no questions asked. Well about 2 months go by before they find out that a syncro was bad (they were at shows and the tranny guy was on vacation so it too that long for them to get at it). Once they confirmed shipping address for returning the tranny it took them weeks to actually send it. we finally got it in this weekend and everything hooked up and adjusted and... wait for it... wait for it... we have all 4 gears now. Of course when you fix one problem another one pops up. The car is runnig REAL rich and had a few nice backfires when we went down the street. Question for everyone is... do you know a decent shop that me dad can take it to up here in north OC that can just tune her up a bit and make sure everything is running right?

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 06-22-2009, 01:27 AM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Almost forgot about this post. So we got me dad's car running and took her out months ago and he could not get it into 4th gear. We adjusted everything and double checked everything and nothing. So my dad called the outfit that he bought the tranny from about 9 months prior and they said send it back and we will look at it, no questions asked. Well about 2 months go by before they find out that a syncro was bad (they were at shows and the tranny guy was on vacation so it too that long for them to get at it). Once they confirmed shipping address for returning the tranny it took them weeks to actually send it. we finally got it in this weekend and everything hooked up and adjusted and... wait for it... wait for it... we have all 4 gears now. Of course when you fix one problem another one pops up. The car is runnig REAL rich and had a few nice backfires when we went down the street. Question for everyone is... do you know a decent shop that me dad can take it to up here in north OC that can just tune her up a bit and make sure everything is running right?

Talk to enkeivette. He lives only a few miles from you, has an LM2 and knows a bit about tuning carbs.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-22-2009, 08:24 AM   #29
Neanderthal

Quote:

What carb? Don't take it anywhere yet.

Holley, Autolite, Performer???

Remember, FORDS are what I love, what I do.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
What carb? Don't take it anywhere yet.

Holley, Autolite, Performer???

Remember, FORDS are what I love, what I do.
We need to get you up to Adam's house - you could probably REALLY help a lot on the Mach. We generally are washing cars up there so maybe we'd be willing to wash the Versa for you as trade