Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Neanderthal

Default Stupid Fricking people!

Ok, has anybody else seen the dumbing down of American? Everyday I talk to people they just get more stupid than the day before. FUCK!
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Ok, has anybody else seen the dumbing down of American? Everyday I talk to people they just get more stupid than day before. FUCK!
You been talking to Congress again? Remember, it's not what you learn (or don't learn) in school that is important, it's that you graduate with self-esteem. The goal of the Gov't schools is to have empty minds graduate so it can fill them up with Demoncratic party crap...
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
You been talking to Congress again? Remember, it's not what you learn (or don't learn) in school that is important, it's that you graduate with self-esteem. The goal of the Gov't schools is to have empty minds graduate so it can fill them up with Demoncratic party crap...
Any goverment offical (no matter what party) thinks he's smarter than the average American. I was once lucky enough to actually talk to a congressman many years ago. What a buffoon!!

I'm mainly talking about our Joe "average" person that calls me on the phone for techicnal help. How do these people get thru life? No, wonder these guys get married. They need someone to tell them what to think and how to get thru life.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 01-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

To play Devil's Advocate for just a second, maybe it has more to do with the fact they're calling you about something they know little to nothing about. This knowledge is so deeply ingrained in your brain that a person who knows little to nothing about it seems like a slug. Probably not though. What does surprise me is how many people have a hard time thinking through a problem. And I'm with Big G on this one, this is to an extent a learned skill and it's a failure of our school system. I wouldn't pin it all on Party D though, I think some of has to do with the gubment trying stamp out good little citizens that don't ask too many pointed questions. Not so much an overt strategy as it is group non-think.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #5

Na..I'm still gonna blame it on the Dem's. The teachers union and the dems are one in the same. So easy to ingrain the demoncratic party line to the students via the teachers who have the little ones captive for 7 hours a day.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
Na..I'm still gonna blame it on the Dem's. The teachers union and the dems are one in the same. So easy to ingrain the demoncratic party line to the students via the teachers who have the little ones captive for 7 hours a day.
Here in CA Party D and the Teacher's Union certainly are in lock step and it has a lot do with the extraordinarily poor state of public education as well as State Finances IMO.

I guess my point has more to do with the historical model of public education. It had A LOT to do with programming kids to obey authority and regurgitate information. Of course this isn't entirely bad, there needs to be respect and cooperation, and some things are a matter of memorization. HOWEVER, what public school does a pitiful job of is encouraging kids how to think. It's much easier to tell people what to think than to guide them into how to think. This is where our POV cross. Consider a lot of public schools now. Want to write a paper on global warming that barffs up party line, you'll be encouraged. Want to write a paper that focuses on weakness or missing links in the hypothesis and you'll probably get beat around the head til you step back in line.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #7

You just proved my point, TYVM.... Try finding a conservative professor in a major university. I firmly believe the teachers/union are making sure that the students graduate thinking that the gov't will see to their needs, and that they don't need to strive to be self-sufficient.(Democrat) Ever notice that some of the most innovative entrepreneurs have not completed higher-level education?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I'm mainly talking about our Joe "average" person
Let's just get one thing straight. There's nothing average about this Joe. Got it?

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #9

Is that you?...Joe the plumber?.....

Ahhh....Mustangs. they look so cute and small in my rear-view mirror......
Old 01-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
Neanderthal

Ok, try this from a customer ( true conversation):
"I cut the hose too short. So I cut it again and it is still too short. How much more do I cut off to make it fit"?

2016 Nissan Altma