Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Motorgen Off Road Cruise - Silverwood Trail

It's official, where gonna rock it on November 8 up the Silverado trail. This trail is appropriate for beginners and stock off-road vehicles, with trail options for more advanced drivers and vehicles.

94cobra69ss396 and Throttle Crazy will be leading us on this new adventure.

Last edited by Vettezuki : 11-08-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's official, where gonna rock it on November 8 up the Silverado trail. This trail is appropriate for beginners and stock off-road vehicles, with trail options for more advanced drivers and vehicles.

94cobra69ss396 and Throttle Crazy will be leading us on this new adventure.
It's the Silverwood trail. The trail starts out at Silverwood Lake off the 173. Here are some pics taken from when my brothers club ran it a couple years ago. They also did Dish Pan in Big Bear that same day so pics 1-50 are of Siverwood.

Again, a lot of the hard spots have easier bypasses.

http://spinninfours.com/trips/silverwood6_06/index.html
Old 09-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #3

it's a little bit to much for my excursion street driver.. i'll be looking for those pictures from you guys..
Old 09-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
it's a little bit to much for my excursion street driver.. i'll be looking for those pictures from you guys..
Mike, we'd probably have room in one of the other vehicles if you're interested at all?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
Got a dirt bike or quad?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #6

i can ask ray if i can ride his street / dirt bike.. BUT i could take you up for that extra spot..
Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

I'm realizing that the new Motorgen meet (formerly McDonald's meet) would also be on the 8th. Do anyone have any idea if I have any chance of making it back to Fullerton by 8ish that night?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I'm realizing that the new Motorgen meet (formerly McDonald's meet) would also be on the 8th. Do anyone have any idea if I have any chance of making it back to Fullerton by 8ish that night?
If we go out at a reasonable hour in the morning, we should be back in the afternoon I think. It'll be getting dark considerably earlier by then as well.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #9
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Shouldn't be a problem if we start the run in the morning. The more vehicles there are the longer the run will take. When I use to run it with just my family it would take about an hour and a half to go to the top and back. Figure with 8 or so trucks it would probably take about 3 hours to complete the run and be back on the road home.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Could like a 4WD F250 Diesel make it through this course, or is it too much for that? I guess what I'm asking is what's the minimum level a vehicle could be at to make it through this course? Will any 4WD vehicle be able to make it through (within reason)?