Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711
Default 1st ZR1 for sale in Cali at corvettemikes

One of the guys on Turbobuick.com is shopping for a new zo6 and got word the frist zr1 for sale in cali is here for the low bargain basement price of $169K ...only $53,000 above MSRP haha. You think if I tell them I'm doing a story for Motorgen, corvettemike's will let me take it for a spin??
Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
One of the guys on Turbobuick.com is shopping for a new zo6 and got word the frist zr1 for sale in cali is here for the low bargain basement price of $169K ...only $53,000 above MSRP haha. You think if I tell them I'm doing a story for Motorgen, corvettemike's will let me take it for a spin??
do it and then we can have a joy ride day for all the members at willow springs you guys dowm i know i am :-D
Old 09-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
LOL, the first two I saw on Ebay were 185k and 193k
Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
LOL, the first two I saw on Ebay were 185k and 193k
so much for that whole $100K supercar idea.. If it were me I would so buy a zo6 put 10-20K into it and whoop the ZR1's ass all day. According to gary you can pick one up 69.5K out the door, a lot of money but damn comparatively......

PS I love the Willow springs idea , Sean make it happen.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
so much for that whole $100K supercar idea.. If it were me I would so buy a zo6 put 10-20K into it and whoop the ZR1's ass all day. According to gary you can pick one up 69.5K out the door, a lot of money but damn comparatively......

PS I love the Willow springs idea , Sean make it happen.
There's a lot more going on in the ZR1 than a ton more power, which you can get to for $10-$20k. The ZR1 driveline will hold it all day long, but has substantial tweaks to the suspension dampers/springs. All the reviewers said you could it over certain course at much higher speeds than the ZO6, not because of mere power, but because it was simply more stable. To say nothing of it's truly super car (Bugatti, Enzo) breaking system.

GT-Rs are going at some pretty crazy mark-ups too, though I don't think quite that extreme.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There's a lot more going on in the ZR1 than a ton more power, which you can get to for $10-$20k. The ZR1 driveline will hold it all day long, but has substantial tweaks to the suspension dampers/springs. All the reviewers said you could it over certain course at much higher speeds than the ZO6, not because of mere power, but because it was simply more stable. To say nothing of it's truly super car (Bugatti, Enzo) breaking system.

GT-Rs are going at some pretty crazy mark-ups too, though I don't think quite that extreme.
I've been told by a friend--when he gets his ZR1 I can have the keys to take it out by myself. I warned him and he said it will be insured. He is ordering it real soon, if he hasn't already.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I've been told by a friend--when he gets his ZR1 I can have the keys to take it out by myself. I warned him and he said it will be insured. He is ordering it real soon, if he hasn't already.
Maybe your friend needs a new friend.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #8

Quote:
maybe your friend is into AWD e85 cars too right? im willing to trade for a week if he's down?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
Neanderthal

Quote:
You have met my friend-which makes him your friend.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
You have met my friend-which makes him your friend.
Great. I call dibs.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)