Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ok, WTF. My X spontaneously and for reasons I can't quite figure launches the dialer and starts making the last call I made. Then asks for voice commands. The only thing I can think of is that because I'm listening to MP3s with regular headphones, it's receiving what it thinks as a signal to launch the dialer.
I was almost right. It was the headphones "sending" erroneous signals to the Droid. There is a Widget called Headphone Blocker. Done.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #32

You can root the Droid 1 very easily. From what I understand, the new Droid 2 and Droid X have new provisions that if the bootloader doesn't match what your carrier put on there, then it bricks the phone.

Also, the faster the CPU is, the shorter the battery life will be. Same with the screen size. Bigger the screen, the shorter the battery life.

If you're not into modding your phone, then the Droid X, HTC Incredible, and the iPhone all good choices.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #33
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Is anyone a latitude user?
Can you easily toggle it on and off. I don't want people to know where I am all the time, but on cruise days, etc., it might be useful?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #34
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Can you easily toggle it on and off. I don't want people to know where I am all the time, but on cruise days, etc., it might be useful?
Yes you can. I think you can also put in a location where you want it to show you.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #35

Quote:
Yes you can.....And you can set different people to different levels.....a few meters....a few thousand meters...and hide
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 10-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #36

im on the same boat i will be getting the droid X here in the next week...I love the phone...the girl and i are set on getting the phone...I can't wait for that HTC upgrade to come out i need to upgrade now!!! lol...