Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #1

Default Finally got my new turbo in

Whats up guys, finally got my turbo in after months of lagging like a GT400000000000000000aaaR turbo!
The car feels awesome! It holds boost all the way past redline, the turbo response is quick and the lag is not even that noticeable driving around on the street.
There is probably more in it with a better intake, manifold and cams but I will leave that for later down the road.
All I wanted was a bone stock looking Evo X engine bay with 400whp on pump that would easily pass the cop eyes and flashlight going through the engine bay and that goal was made.

Now for the mod list!

Cosworth drop in filter and HBSpeed stealth silicone inlet hose (stock intake box)
Nisei Stealth 1 piece UICP
Perrin stealth FMIC
Blaqops/walbro single fuel pump kit
ID1000cc injectors
AMS 02 downpipe
T1R resonated test pipe
T1R catback
Cobb AP-Protune HBSpeed
car made 404WHP and 354TQ

A/F and Boost

This was all done on 76 gas station 91 octane!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Vroooom! The car feels awesome, No I probably wont take it to the strip for my domestic brothers!
Just my daily driver/fun car.
The turbo is nothing crazy it is a stock Evo X turbo with new internals and a billit wheel made by CBRD BBX turbo.
Still on the stock intake as well. SO when popo says pop the hood, I'll say sure!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

That is truly awesome. I really like the way the Evo Xs look, except for *maybe* the Darth Vader face, but that's just taste. How they handle and what power can be made on pump gas . . . and four doors . . . and a trunk. They really knocked it out of the park. If you don't mind me asking, how much scratch is into the aftermarket engine mods to get you there?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That is truly awesome. I really like the way the Evo Xs look, except for *maybe* the Darth Vader face, but that's just taste. How they handle and what power can be made on pump gas . . . and four doors . . . and a trunk. They really knocked it out of the park. If you don't mind me asking, how much scratch is into the aftermarket engine mods to get you there?
I wouldn't really call it much of a trunk though
Its small because the battery and windshield reservoir is in the back to even weight distribution.
Since I work at a shop I get parts discounted but expect to spend about 2-3G's depending how expensive you want to go in "name brand" parts for about 340-360whp and then add another 2-3g's to get 390-420 on pump gas.
However you can just get a tune for $400 and drop in filter and make about 310-320whp (stock is 250-260whp)

Old 05-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
Super Moderator

F Yeah!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Internet Tough Guy

Awesome build.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Love it - awesome car!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #7

Thanks Fellas! I wish I could come out to the meets but they are always on Saturdays and I'm stuck at work
Wheres the Sunday love?! Someone told me there would be more cars on Sundays instead of Saturdays anyways lol