Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #11

Mountain Ave to Baldy Village, hang a left on Glendora Ridge Route to Glendora Mountain Rd. Do the back side to East Fork and then over to Azusa/39 and up to Crystal Lake, terrorize a campground for awhile and eat six dollar cheeseburgers there or head back down 39 to this little BBQ joint on San Gabriel I been really wanting to try out however they have street parking and a small lot in back of the place in what is primarily a residential 'hood. Reviews are pretty good but I'm understanding it may take a while to get fed. There's always In-N-Out just past the freeway too. Or, head back down 39, back over East Fork, back up the back side of GMR and over the front side and supper at The Hat on 66 in Glendora maybe...

Mmmm, wet fries and a pastrami!

Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #12
Graphics B*tch

Do something I have done since I will be missing my first cruise in like 2 years (maybe even ever).

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 06-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
Do tell...and pass the info along
...I think im in vegas that weekend
I made a thread

http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28680
Old 06-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Mountain Ave to Baldy Village, hang a left on Glendora Ridge Route to Glendora Mountain Rd. Do the back side to East Fork and then over to Azusa/39 and up to Crystal Lake, terrorize a campground for awhile and eat six dollar cheeseburgers there or head back down 39 to this little BBQ joint on San Gabriel I been really wanting to try out however they have street parking and a small lot in back of the place in what is primarily a residential 'hood. Reviews are pretty good but I'm understanding it may take a while to get fed. There's always In-N-Out just past the freeway too. Or, head back down 39, back over East Fork, back up the back side of GMR and over the front side and supper at The Hat on 66 in Glendora maybe...

Mmmm, wet fries and a pastrami!

Intriguing option intrigues. . . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #15

I would be down for any . But GMR sounds really appealing after seeing pics of your guys last cruise there.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #16

Where is Rim of the World?

George

Old 06-14-2011, 02:47 AM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetek View Post
Where is Rim of the World?

George
San Bernadino mountains. Crestline, Running Springs, Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear Lake. I haven't been in years, but it's awesome.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #18

Have already done GMR this year. Let's do Rim of The World so we are not doing the same boring stuff. It is nice to see new places.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #19

Not sure if the actually route we take but looks like a good time for Rim of the World

http://www.myscenicdrives.com/drives...d-scenic-byway

Quoting
Description

Head through the San Bernardino Mountains, passing Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Lake on your way from Phelan to Mentone. You can reach Phelan from I-15. If you are coming from the south, take the exit after 129 for CA-138.

For a short detour before starting the drive, head west on CA-138 to the Mormon Rocks (H1). Behind the Mormon Rocks Fire Station is a .5-mile trail through the desert that brings you to a bed of uplifted sandstone.

Heading east on CA-138 from here, you will soon arrive at the Cajon Pass Overlook (V1), where rail fans, photographers and history buffs come to experience the BNSF Railroad trains heading up the pass. The pass was created by movements of the San Andreas Fault and the rich geologic history is evident.

Continuing east on CA-138, you will reach the Silverwood Lake Overlook (V2) which provides a view onto the reservoir lake created in 1971 when Cedar Springs Dam was built. The nearby Silverwood Lake Recreation Area (H2) offers swimming, fishing, boating, hiking, and picnicking by the lake.

In 5-miles, the drive starts gaining elevation and meanders up and around the mountain. In 11 miles from Silverwood Lake, you arrive in Crestline and shortly after, the CA-138 joins up with the CA-18. This drive heads east on CA-18. Take advantage of the turnouts or the Baylis Park Picnic Area (H3) for a spectacular view of the San Bernardino Valley with the Santa Ana Mountains to the southwest and the San Jacintos Mountains to the southeast.

A short side-trip on CA-173 will lead you to Arrowhead Lake (W1). The lake is surrounded by trees and offers swimming and picnicking opportunities.

Continuing east, stop at Heaps Peak Arboretum (A1) where you can learn about the trees within the San Bernardino National Forest. The Arboretum is free although the Forest Service requires a $5 Adventure Pass to be displayed in your car windshield. There is a beautiful, one mile handicap and stroller accessible trail with Arizona cypress, giant sequoia, sugar, knobcone, and coulter pines, black oak, quaking aspen, white fir, and an array of wildflowers between March and October.

After Running Springs, consider a short side-trip on Keller Peak Road (T1). The twisty 4-mile road will bring you to the National Children’s Forest and Keller Peak Fire Lookout. The tower overlooks the 53,000 acres that burned in 1970 and the Children’s fundraising efforts to replant the area with trees.

Continuing on CA-18, Lake View Point (V6) offers a magnificent view of Big Bear Lake and the surrounding mountains. The road then leads to Big Bear Dam, where you can either continue on CA-18 for a south-view of the Big Bear Lake or head onto CA-38 for a north-view of the lake. Accessible from the north side, the Big Bear Solar Observatory (A2) rises from the lake like a robot. The world’s largest solar telescope, it studies solar power and the solar system. On the lake, you can enjoy swimming and boating. The Grout Bay Picnic Area (H4) offers a chance to see the birds of the area, including bald eagles. Again, your Adventure Pass is required to park here and on all national forest lands.

After the lake, head south on CA-138 which meanders down towards Mentone where this drive completes. Alternatively, continue on CA-18 for the Bear Lake Loop (T2) which will bring up around the San Bernardino Mountains to Victorville where you can reach the I-15.

At the end of the drive in Montone, consider heading south on CA-210 and then west to Joshua Tree National Park.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
San Bernadino mountains. Crestline, Running Springs, Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear Lake. I haven't been in years, but it's awesome.
Ok thanks. I voted for Rim but GMR was fun too.

George