Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default April 10th Stuff

I'm working on planning our event in April and I'm looking at different options.

The 10th is already a busy day, with two other events happening that I know of.

Greg's (RET) new shop is having a grand opening and a dyno day. Here are the details:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RET View Post
We have been blessed to a new facility in Downey. It is pristine, and you can literally eat off the floors the epoxy is that clean. It is a true 3500 sq. ft, the Dynojet will obviously be there, we will have three lifts now, we are adding another employee to the crew, and the biggest change is we will now have a engine dyno. So we can test any engine builders motor before it even goes in the car. The engine dyno is available to any shop that would like to rent it. Any engine can be put to the test, from efi modulars to carb. pushrods.

We will be moving to the the new place mid March, and will get pictures up during the process. I am planning on a opening dyno day on April 10. I will be sure to put the address up before then. It will be just like the rest of the dyno days $40 for 3 pulls if you want a a/f reading $45. From 9am to whenever and is first come first serve. I am working on a taco guy for people who do dyno pulls.
Also, Puente Hills Hyundai is having a huge meet and then a GMR cruise. Here are details for that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARVIN@PowerAXEL View Post
Second Puente Hills Hyundai meet!!!

Our first meet there last September during their grand opening had a great turnout with a mix of different brands.

PHH has invited us AGAIN for a meet at the largest Hyundai dealership in North America - only this time we expect to have a better turnout as I had the pleasure of meeting several new "faces" during our last couple of meets. WELCOME btw~ Very excited to see the growing number of Gen Coupe drivers in the SoCaL area!

Long story short, we'll be treated VIP with FOOD, CAR WASH, PRIZES, TEST DRIVES, AUTOCROSS (?)...etc.

Many Gen Coupe vendors will be invited as well to greet us.

Who will be picked the "Best Car" poll this time?
So come on down and show off what a bad*** your ride is!!!

*When & Where* - APRIL 10, 2010 (starting 10am ~ 3pm)

Puente Hills Hyundai
17621 E. Gale Ave
City of Industry, CA 91748

You're more than welcome to invite your friends and families, and any feedback and support in organizing this upcoming meet would be greatly appreciated.

If mother nature allows and all agrees, I hope to make a run at GMR (Glendora Mountain Road).

Will be looking forward to seeing YOU there!

What do you guys think? With the impending birth of our son I haven't had a chance to prerun Mulholland and I don't want to do it until I have the directions down. All opinions welcome
Old 03-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #2

Im going to be dynoing the car, so long as its somewhat organized
Old 03-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
Im going to be dynoing the car, so long as its somewhat organized
Same here. Ive been waiting for a dyno day. Sounds like a plan.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #4

I may be in Vegas taking my daughters to a Muse concert. If the plan falls through either one is ok with me. I am running the STS-V on a dyno next week and installing the tuned ECM to get a before and after. I don't expect too much on the dyno, but the car will run better under street conditions with the throttle opening quicker, 100% in 1st and 2nd gears, torque nannies gone, throttle nannies gone and the speed limiter gone (in case I run the flying mile some day). I am trying to resist other mods.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I may be in Vegas taking my daughters to a Muse concert. . .
Great band! And it looks like they put on quite a show.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-26-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
. . .What do you guys think? With the impending birth of our son I haven't had a chance to prerun Mulholland and I don't want to do it until I have the directions down. All opinions welcome
Given the other things going on, I'm thinking maybe just a Nick's Meet would be cool. If enough people wanted, we could do a run down to Beach, down to PCH, up PCH to Newport and end at an odd little coffee place I used to hang out as a youngster. (Very near Triangle Square, by Condom Revolution.) Or something like that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-26-2010, 03:25 AM   #7
Neanderthal

Sounds good. On the 11th we got Bird Fest going on. You know about it --right?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 AM   #8

How about, starting at Greg's (RET) new shop grand opening until around 11:00 or so, then roll over and finish up at the Hyundai gig.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #9

^^
Im down for that.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I may be in Vegas taking my daughters to a Muse concert....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Great band! And it looks like they put on quite a show.
It's confirmed I will be in Vegas. I won't be at the sold out concert, but my daughters will be. I will be contributing to the Vegas building and unemployment prevention fund in the meantime. See you all next month.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z