Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #2661
Graphics B*tch

I did not work on this rear end Ben.

I had to ask the guy to explain what happened a few times to try and get the picture right. He said the rear driveshaft went out at first and then after more questions he said something on the "rear axle drive shaft" failed. I am not even totally sure what it is and I am not sure he even knows. He said it would cost $1,500 to $2,000 to fix and that would lead me to believe that the entire axle needs to be replaced. I am sure I will talk to him again (he still needs to get the suspension lift and stock fenders from me) so once he gets it fixed I will find out exactly what happened. The small amount of cash I got for the truck is looking better and better.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #2662
pain's fun, hit me again

Sounds to me like a mechanic is taking him for a ride.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely ā€” lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #2663
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Sounds to me like a mechanic is taking him for a ride.
I told him that the price was high but without knowing exactly what happened I could not be sure. Besides for that price just buy an complete axle and switch it out yourself and you would have an upgraded unit. He does not have that ability though so he is stuck paying labor. Not my problem though so oh well.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #2664

Won a giveaway from AMG, and got to drive some very nice AMGs including the new 911 fighter, the AMG GT S that will be coming out next year!

Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/nDaOk/
Old 12-14-2014, 03:47 AM   #2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstshadow View Post
Won a giveaway from AMG, and got to drive some very nice AMGs including the new 911 fighter, the AMG GT S that will be coming out next year!

Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/nDaOk/
Fucker; Iā€™m so jealous. Seriously though that looks like fun.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #2666
pain's fun, hit me again

It would have been my primary goal to give that car back fuckin toasted.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely ā€” lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #2667

It blows anything I've driven before right out of the water. I will have one some day... swoon. They had a little autox course setup at the end of the day, and you bet I turned off all the nannies, put it in Race mode with manual shifting, and got very sideways. Killed a couple cones in the process. Also, when I was trailing one of the instructors (all were german racecar drivers that were flown in!) out on the big track, I was able to keep up and push him a bit. After we get out, he says, "This isn't your first time on a track, is it?" I was surprised the cars didn't overheat out in the desert pushing it on the track, some of the previous AMGs lacked enough cooling and the transmission would get waaaay hot and go into limp mode. No such problems with these

AMG built that car from the bottom up, and it kicks the SLS' ass. Biturbo V8, 500hp 480tq, 3400ish lbs, 47:53 front rear weight split, DCT. Intake manifold is on the bottom of the heads, exhaust comes out on the top, turbos mounted right in the V! They made the exhaust sound amaaaaaazing, and you can occasionally hear the turbos sucking up all the air since they're right in front of you on top of the engine. And of course, many pops and burbles on demand, love it. Entire drivetrain is on electronically controlled mounts, so it can be a smooth cruiser or track bruiser when you want it.

They're coming out with a black series version further down the line, and maybe a Porsche GT3 like version as well. Can't even imagine how those will turn out, the regular one is superb!

Also drove some of the other AMGs, absolutely loved the S63. It can hustle hard in the canyons when you want it to, or you can sit back and cruise in total comfort in the great cocoon of leather and aluminum/wood. Greatest seat I have sat in of all time, car or not!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #2668
I, Vettezuki

Didn't watch the video but what do you mean valvetrain is on electronically controlled mounts? You mean the cams are electronically shifted for different profiles or there are no cams but electronically actuated valves (sort of holy grail of valve train control)?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #2669
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
And now that I have posted, I noticed I have a huge axle grease spot on my phone lens.
They should add that as a filter to instagram.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #2670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Didn't watch the video but what do you mean valvetrain is on electronically controlled mounts? You mean the cams are electronically shifted for different profiles or there are no cams but electronically actuated valves (sort of holy grail of valve train control)?
Drivetrain! 2 mounts up front that the engine sits on, and 2 mounts at the rear that the whole rear end and transmission sit on. So you can have it be smooth as silk, nice and supple when you're cruising - or have everything firmed up to the point of drivetrain/chassis becoming one, excellent spirited driving performance