Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #21
Internet Tough Guy

Nope. Those things aren't cheap and they aren't necessarily that fast. I have seen quite a few of them. They are hard to keep up with at buttonwillow, but slow at willow, PIR, autoclub.......... They are certainly cheaper to run than a corvette or a LFA.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 03-31-2014, 09:11 PM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Nope. Those things aren't cheap and they aren't necessarily that fast. I have seen quite a few of them. They are hard to keep up with at buttonwillow, but slow at willow, PIR, autoclub.......... They are certainly cheaper to run than a corvette or a LFA.
So is your basic point simply that the Vette platform is the best over all value for cost vs. performance across a range of track settings? That is to be competitive (i.e., run at or near the front) in typical middle class / working man track outings, etc.?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-01-2014, 05:04 AM   #23
Internet Tough Guy

My original point was that the LFA was hyped up to be a world beater. It's release date keeped getting pushed and pushed and pushed. What I remember when it was finally released it was marginally faster than a GTR, but with a $375k price. I distinctly remember thinking that it was a huge engineering failure because of the performanc / $ ratio.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 04-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
My original point was that the LFA was hyped up to be a world beater. It's release date keeped getting pushed and pushed and pushed. What I remember when it was finally released it was marginally faster than a GTR, but with a $375k price. I distinctly remember thinking that it was a huge engineering failure because of the performanc / $ ratio.
I was talking about your selection of a Vette.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)