Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #1

Default Electronic repair

Does anybody know a place around Riverside Ca. that can repair my JBL home subwoofers?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iespeed View Post
Does anybody know a place around Riverside Ca. that can repair my JBL home subwoofers?
What's wrong with them?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #3

The PSW 1000 still comes on, but You have to screw with the volume and tone controls. The Venue sub 12 does not power up at all, hell the 1000 is 11 years old and the Venue is just over 1 year old! I bought the Venue because the 1000 had been such a trooper, should have known when my first Venue expired after a week, and they shipped me another one right away. Really would like to just fix them if possible
Old 07-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iespeed View Post
The PSW 1000 still comes on, but You have to screw with the volume and tone controls. The Venue sub 12 does not power up at all, hell the 1000 is 11 years old and the Venue is just over 1 year old! I bought the Venue because the 1000 had been such a trooper, should have known when my first Venue expired after a week, and they shipped me another one right away. Really would like to just fix them if possible
So these are powered subs I take it? Sounds like the controls are dirty in your 1000, and sounds like your Venue amp is toast. Your sub is fine, you just need to find a shop that repairs amps.

If you're not sure whether or not it's the amp or the sub that's blown, pull the driver out of the Venue box, disconnect the leads, and touch the positive side of the speaker terminal to the positive side of a battery, negative to negative. The speaker should pop and move forward a bit.

If it doesn't, pull your amp out and take it to a shop. My friend's Dad used to fix amps on the side, I can ask and see if he still does if you want.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
Super Moderator

...Driver means speaker.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #6

Will take the Venue apart this weekend, Will any battery work? And would it be possible to upgrade the amp, or is the problem more of a design flaw? I mean to kill two of them in just over a year seems wrong. Would You mine if I pm You the results and possible getting these repaired. Oh yea, where are You located? Thanks again Todd
Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Any battery will work. 9V will give more of an obvious pop. Yes you can PM me, I'm in Placentia. You can upgrade the amp but you'll have to find one that will fit in that hole.