Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default Nismo 370Z a real sportscar!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=8121

Wow, Nissan is making a real sports car! This car is almost base c5 status.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=8121

Wow, Nissan is making a real sports car! This car is almost base c5 status.
To be fair though, a base C5 new was about $45k, this is $37k~. My guess is that the Nismo is also much easier to drive at the limit than a C5, which still requires some skill. Little gizmos like automatic downshift rev matching is going to make amateur A faster than Amateur B who doesn't have them.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Internet Tough Guy

I would still take a base c5. Yes the c5 was more expensive, but there is more room to grow.

The c5 has~70ftlbs more so you can leave it in gear much longer. It also wieghs 100lbms less, has bigger tires, and don't forget that double A-arm suspension that helped win all those AMLS titles.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I would still take a base c5. Yes the c5 was more expensive, but there is more room to grow.

The c5 has~70ftlbs more so you can leave it in gear much longer. It also wieghs 100lbms less, has bigger tires, and don't forget that double A-arm suspension that helped win all those AMLS titles.
I'm with you. For me and $38k, if performance were the goal, it'd be base 2002+ C5Z, then maybe a little H&C and other performance bits. For $38k you could be raising serious hell.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I like it, but it's a little overpriced. I believe you can still get a base 370z for under 30k though and it's a lot of car for the money.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #6

Totally honest here, thats one of the ugliest cars Ive ever seen. The front looks alright. The rear, well, Ive left better looking things in the toilet than the rear of that car. Now, if they would have mildy changed the body from the base model, I would consider it.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."