Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #11
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
That's too bad - is their any possibility the owner kept the original carbs in a box somewhere?
Nope. The engine was changed in 1983. They bought it in 1991.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Thank you Sean. I joined this morning to get some more input. I learned already the engine is from a 1983 400I, because it is injected. I ASSUME this will greatly devalue the car. The original engine had 6 DOCE carbs.
I would assume you're correct. Moreover, the market for the car probably is much smaller too. I get the impression most of F boys almost regard their cars as stock or something. They basically expect appreciation. But that appreciation seems to very highly dependent on total originality. Anyway, you'll find the right guys to give you actual information.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post

PS - Anyone got Jay Lenos email....someone drop him a line JK
Jay likes Lambos.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
Power's off.

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...2bird/Ferrari/
Old 04-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #15
Power's off.

Well, we took the car down to Ferrari of O.C. today. They are resealing the water pump, and tuning her up. Then off to the detailers, and hopefully into the Newport Beach Ferrari Showroom in time for the Lido Yacht Show.
(Got to sit in a 430)Sweet.
Newport RR moved, so they are trying to move a couple $1,000,000 cars into there, to make room for the "oldie but goodie."
They were totally blown away by the condition of this car.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Well, we took the car down to Ferrari of O.C. today. They are resealing the water pump, and tuning her up. Then off to the detailers, and hopefully into the Newport Beach Ferrari Showroom in time for the Lido Yacht Show.
(Got to sit in a 430)Sweet.
Newport RR moved, so they are trying to move a couple $1,000,000 cars into there, to make room for the "oldie but goodie."
They were totally blown away by the condition of this car.
What'd they say about the engine?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #17
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What'd they say about the engine?
They are going to give me an estimate Monday. Glad its' not my car. However, if it was, I would do my own work, and it would not be running crappy.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
They are going to give me an estimate Monday. Glad its' not my car. However, if it was, I would do my own work, and it would not be running crappy.
I meant more in terms of general valuation? In other words if an all original cost X, what's this one potentially going to fetch relatively speaking?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #19
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I meant more in terms of general valuation? In other words if an all original cost X, what's this one potentially going to fetch relatively speaking?
I see. It's a "nich" collector car. There is quite a bit to how they appraise these things, and like real estate, it's worth what you can get for it,.
That being said, there are a few select guys out there that eat a car like this up, just BECAUSE it is a vert, and one of only two sent to Germany by Ferrari for the vert conversion that year. The engine change seems to matter very little.

SO, the asking price is starting at $100,000.00. (I get a piece of that).

It was a blast driving from Norwalk to Costa Mesa today. The owner followed me down.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I see. It's a "nich" collector car. There is quite a bit to how they appraise these things, and like real estate, it's worth what you can get for it,.
That being said, there are a few select guys out there that eat a car like this up, just BECAUSE it is a vert, and one of only two sent to Germany by Ferrari for the vert conversion that year. The engine change seems to matter very little.

SO, the asking price is starting at $100,000.00. (I get a piece of that).

It was a blast driving from Norwalk to Costa Mesa today. The owner followed me down.
That engine has a truly great sound. Hope you get a nice piece of the $100g. Did you bring the owner a tangerine tree or something? (Inside joke.)

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)