Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #21
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
FWIW, that Stang is Roush Stage something or other, and was on DRs. With DRs, I think it'd be a good heads up race.
Walking home from work yesterday,one of the shops ( next to mine ) had a 08 Mustang Race car, engine built by Roush. Brand new. He wouldn't trade for my 70 T-bird.
He said I could order one from a Ford dealer. Damn.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #22

cute car i mean its no evo or anything but its cute lol!!

but really wow u do some nice work thats a great looking set up u got there!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
cute car i mean its no evo or anything but its cute lol!!
I totally agree. When I think of cute, like puppies or kittens, or little girls having tea parties with their imaginary friends, I definitely think Evo, not Corvette. In all seriousness, I'm one of those rare guys who kind of likes the new Evo and for performance, there's been some psychotic ones. One of THE fastest cars at last year's Silver State Classic was an Evo.

Quote:
but really wow u do some nice work thats a great looking set up u got there!
I'd love to take credit, and while I did a lot of the basic foot work and research, the knuckle busting as almost entirely done by our own ls1z28, who works out of his home garage. He is very methodical and won't take (or let you take) shortcuts. It worked out great. It's like a real car that just works. Many swaps don't end up so dialed in.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #24

Quote:
I totally agree. When I think of cute, like puppies or kittens, or little girls having tea parties with their imaginary friends, I definitely think Evo, not Corvette. In all seriousness, I'm one of those rare guys who kind of likes the new Evo and for performance, there's been some psychotic ones. One of THE fastest cars at last year's Silver State Classic was an Evo.
as far as straight line racing, the quickest evo has hit 8.56sec @ 171mph with 1,130 All Wheel HP. i know it could go faster but being as how its awd it gets that dog sliding on wet linoleum no traction action, unlike rwd cars with have hit much quicker times b/c once they hit there wheelie bars its nothing but traction

as for most average evo's if they want to keep there stock spool up range and want there car to be used more for road racing and handling there in the 11's

and if they want to go further ull find the mass majority of drag evo's fall into the 10's and 9's

....but then again if u go and see a road racing event thats where ill usually see the top bracet of fastest cars with first place finishes being evo's followed by a skyline, then sti lol

oh ya and i know im talking a shit load about evo's on this site but its not that im trying to be a prick or anything being how i drive one its kinda the car i know everyting about. and i love to learn about all cars im an all around car guy so please feel free to lay down some knowledge on me about GM land or any other cars that u feel like talking about.

Quote:
I'd love to take credit, and while I did a lot of the basic foot work and research, the knuckle busting as almost entirely done by our own ls1z28, who works out of his home garage. He is very methodical and won't take (or let you take) shortcuts. It worked out great. It's like a real car that just works. Many swaps don't end up so dialed in.
really he should try his hands at other projects i would love to see what he can do elswhere.

maybe a nice rx-7 or delorian with an LS6 forced induction, or hell an LS-9 supercharged i think he would do pretty well on
Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
as far as straight line racing, the quickest evo has hit 8.56sec @ 171mph with 1,130 All Wheel HP. i know it could go faster but being as how its awd it gets that dog sliding on wet linoleum no traction action, unlike rwd cars with have hit much quicker times b/c once they hit there wheelie bars its nothing but traction
I tend to judge cars for what they do in basically stock form according to what they were designed to do for price X. The Evo for me is what it is, a street going variant of a great Rally car. It's awesome for the street because let's face it, most street driving is from a stop to 80mph, perhaps involving some nice breaking, and tight maneuvering, where a Rally car absolutely shines. By the time you get to sub 10 second cars, you're talking far more about the individual owner/builder than what the original car was. I think the the fastest cars at PSCA are a pair of 57 Chevy Bel Air (6 second cars). They didn't make them that way originally.

Quote:
as for most average evo's if they want to keep there stock spool up range and want there car to be used more for road racing and handling there in the 11's
Not at Fontana. From memory I've personally yet see an Evo crack a 12 there let alone an 11. But Fontana is the Devil's track.

Quote:
and if they want to go further ull find the mass majority of drag evo's fall into the 10's and 9's
10s and 9s are for pros and whack jobs, almost regardless of car . . . unless you're talking stock C6Zs which have been konwn to run hi 10s . . . on run-flats. I'd like see some of this level of Evos come out. There's only so many Turbo Civics I can handle.

Quote:
....but then again if u go and see a road racing event thats where ill usually see the top bracet of fastest cars with first place finishes being evo's followed by a skyline, then sti lol
What events are you going to? In professional classed Sports Car racing, these cars are in different classes than the Vettes, Aston Martin's etc., and are certainly running different times.

Quote:
oh ya and i know im talking a shit load about evo's on this site but its not that im trying to be a prick or anything being how i drive one its kinda the car i know everyting about. and i love to learn about all cars im an all around car guy so please feel free to lay down some knowledge on me about GM land or any other cars that u feel like talking about.
It's way cool. You're not a hater. I learned a lot on the Engine RPO thread from your essay. . . I'm not going to learn that from a GM guy, and certainly not from a Ford guy b/c I'm not even sure they can write. [That was for you Sean. ]

This is exactly the conversations we were hoping to have when building the site. The model specific sites are great for what they do, but are limited in scope, we wanted a truly open site for having fun and learning. It's not really for fanboys who think their car is the greatest car ever created and everything else sucks.

Quote:
really he should try his hands at other projects i would love to see what he can do elswhere.

maybe a nice rx-7 or delorian with an LS6 forced induction, or hell an LS-9 supercharged i think he would do pretty well on
I think he can pretty much do anything. If I had mad bank, I'd build a Factory Five GTM with an LS9. 2,400lbs . . . 650HP in a mid-engined space frame for $60k. Sounds like fun. That's not likely, but I might Super Charge my Vette some day. I'm sure he could do the RX swap if anybody is interested.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #26

lol omg too many quotes :-(

as for evo's hitting 11's at fontana i know they have a worker at the evo shop i go to ran his car at that battle of the imports bracet racing thing they have he got 2nd place at 11.8 he could have shaved off 2/10th but he had to stay in his bracket and he was on a stock turbo, 100oct, and bolt ons

and i should have been in the 12's last time i ran but i launched to low *because i forgot to set my rev limiter higher :-(* and i have shity tires that cherped in 1st and 2nd gear but then again that was cali speedways fault they should have prepped the damn track better if i damn 310hp awd car is breaking loose ur track was obviosly not prepped right!!

and as for what road racing events i attend......well redline time attack, NASA, speedventures. but being as how i dont like to drive to the boonies of lancast or button willow im kinda stuck to the events at cali speedway

oh and by the way if ur interested in going on july 19th and 20th its the redline time attack road race event at the inner road course at cali speedway! the 19th is practice and the 20th is the real racing....its a fun event and u can talk and mingle with the pit crews and look at the cars up close they also are having a car show that day and for a mear 200 bucks u can enter the even in whatever class ur car falls into. im not gonna be going the 19th though b/c its the annual mitsubishi owners day meet in irvine that day lol but ill be there sunday i think its a 10-15 buck spectator entree fee.

and lastly to ur bottom quote one day im gonna get an rx-7 i just dont know if i want to go lsx or 3 or 4 rotor turbo engine in it?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #27
I, Vettezuki

Yeah, I'm a quote master.

Sadly I'll be in Germany the 19th and 20th, otherwise I'd surely go to that event. Maybe we'll send out one of the boys to the Mitsu event, take some pics and whatnot.

As for the RX, I hear ya, but I'd go for the LSx. Same basic overall weight and distribution, massive torque right now, better milage and durability. But Rotaries have that "I'm different factor" going on, which is cool.

We've got a swapped RX on the site.
Tfpracing

That's a stock LS1 with just a 100 shot (as I remember), running mid-11s.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-09-2008, 01:45 AM   #28

nice rx-7 and ya i think thats the only reason like rotory engines is because of the "im different and can rev to 12k factor" lol

but ya man send one of your guys on the 19th to the mitsu owners day event if they want they can caravan with us evo's in the 909. u get to see a wide range of cars from older evo 1-7's, startions, dodge conquest lol, lasers, all eclipses, 3000gt, galant's and some other concept cars and rally cars its pretty fun. last year they had a dyno shootout and ofcourse an evo took it! lol

also send a guy to the road racing at cali speedway on the 20th i really think road racing needs all the exposure it can get
Old 07-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #29

Quote:
I learned a lot on the Engine RPO thread from your essay. . . I'm not going to learn that from a GM guy, and certainly not from a Ford guy b/c I'm not even sure they can write.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post

I see you can read though.

Just kidding guys. Did I ever mention that if Ford was serious about building a modern GT350 (light road racing style Mustang) I'd be seriously tempted. I'd have it black with a white streak on the head and call it Bucephalus, which was the name of Alexander the Great's horse. There, more than you ever wanted to know.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)