Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #1
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Default My New Toy Sig Sauer P226

http://remtek.com/arms/sig/model/226/226.gif

Do we have any gun owners/enthusiasts on the site I just bought my first handgun today. It is a Sig Sauer P226R it is an awesome fire arm I don't get it till Monday but I am very excited.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
http://remtek.com/arms/sig/model/226/226.gif

Do we have any gun owners/enthusiasts on the site I just bought my first handgun today. It is a Sig Sauer P226R it is an awesome fire arm I don't get it till Monday but I am very excited.
I know BRUTAL is armed to the teeth and Gunfish is a hunter and enthusiast as is his son, his sig escapes me at the moment. I'm interested in getting one actually, but would want to take some hard core training to go with it. Through my research this place seems to be about the best there is.

http://www.gunsite.com/

Not cheap. But all in all probably not a bad value for intensive training.

My choice of firearm would probably be a 1911 Style Colt 45.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #3

Oh yeah, Chuck. As far as handguns, I don't own a Sig, but my favorite is a Colt combat commander (45). Got a lot more shotguns and rifles.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
Oh yeah, Chuck. As far as handguns, I don't own a Sig, but my favorite is a Colt combat commander (45). Got a lot more shotguns and rifles.
Sorry, I forgot to share in your enthusiasm!!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
Neanderthal

Cool!

In auto loaders I've got two and 1 on the way ( as soon as I get the money to pay it off )

Glock 21 SF---45 acp

A very old Italian copy of the CZ77 called a Baby Government 9 mm

Darlenes is going to be a Beretta Storm 9mm

Yes. I'm ready for the end of civilization.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I know BRUTAL is armed to the teeth and Gunfish is a hunter and enthusiast as is his son, his sig escapes me at the moment. I'm interested in getting one actually, but would want to take some hard core training to go with it. Through my research this place seems to be about the best there is.

http://www.gunsite.com/

Not cheap. But all in all probably not a bad value for intensive training.

My choice of firearm would probably be a 1911 Style Colt 45.
You don't need a course. I can teach you what you need to know. I taught Darlene. After I taught Darlene she took my S&W Performance Center 629 44 mag and on her first shot she scored a DEAD CENTER Bulls eye at 30 ft.

You need to shoot my Glock 21 SF 45 acp first before you decide on a 1911. There is many reasons to consider a Glock. Don't get me wrong I love the 1911. I have one picked out for me in the future. Talk with me later when you want.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 02-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
You don't need a course. I can teach you what you need to know. I taught Darlene. After I taught Darlene she took my S&W Performance Center 629 44 mag and on her first shot she scored a DEAD CENTER Bulls eye at 30 ft.

You need to shoot my Glock 21 SF 45 acp first before you decide on a 1911. There is many reasons to consider a Glock. Don't get me wrong I love the 1911. I have one picked out for me in the future. Talk with me later when you want.
I'm an intensive training kind of guy. A week of day and night from people who do literally nothing but think about this stuff and teach it is gonna bring the level up considerably no matter what. But I'll still take you up on your offer as a pre-introduction.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Cool!

Glock 21 SF---45 acp
The Glock 21 was actually my third choice I was going to get the Sig 220 45 and still may but I just didn't want to take the 226 out of my hand it just feels right.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #9

Don't get me wrong - I loves me some handguns - but if home protection is part of your plan, nothing says "Don't F*%k with me" like a shotgun.
They're also less fussy when it comes to taking aim at center mass.

Oh, and with the right load, you don't have to worry about putting a hole in one of your neighbors:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/bergm...t-llorens.html
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunfish View Post
Don't get me wrong - I loves me some handguns - but if home protection is part of your plan, nothing says "Don't F*%k with me" like a shotgun.
They're also less fussy when it comes to taking aim at center mass.

Oh, and with the right load, you don't have to worry about putting a hole in one of your neighbors:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/bergm...t-llorens.html
I've got a 500 Mossberg 18 inch barrel that I picked up new at Turners on consignment.

Yep, it's right where I get at it.

First two rounds are bird shot the next few are 00 buck.
2016 Nissan Altma