Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #1

Default Barn Find!!!!

Swiped this from another forum, play along...

So you're at *insert wherever here* and your buddy calls and says he's got a line on "something old and dusty" been in a cousins friends aunts husbands sister-in-laws grandmas garage for 30 years and she wants it gone because they plan to turn the garage into a Swedish sauna so bring her a hundred bucks and a wheelbarrow full of river rock and it's yours.

So you start dreaming of what's under the layer of time as you're tossing stones in the back of your truck. What is it you hope to find?

Pre 1981 is the only rule...

Here's my first wish...

Sadly though there is only one and they happen to know where it is.

What say you guys? What's behind that run down door in that overgrown back yard?

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".

Last edited by Small White Car : 10-06-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

This
Or this
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

To discover Duntov actually built a 6th GS that was never revealed or discovered.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #4

The "Seventh", Secret, Cobra Daytona Coupe.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Oh thats a good one
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #6

Sixth Daytona coupe...

There were only five built, it seems the story of the 'missing' coupe has spawned another one when it was 'found' but AFAIK there are only five...The 'missing' coupe is the prototype, first on the list but it has long been incorrectly referred to as the 'sixth' Daytona.

CSX 2131 is regarded as the Willment Daytona, although a Shelby chassis it was a one off design.

Also, I'm not a snob, I just know what I've learned, if there are any among you that can school me I am an avid pupil and love to be taught what is correct. So if I got it all ass backwards, please clue me in!

Edit: Just spent some time looking at CSX2286 which wasn't assembled until 1965 so there are indeed six original Daytona coupes.

And for my next find!

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 10-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Sixth Daytona coupe...

There were only five built, it seems the story of the 'missing' coupe has spawned another one when it was 'found' but AFAIK there are only five...[list]

Also, I'm not a snob, I just know what I've learned, if there are any among you that can school me I am an avid pupil and love to be taught what is correct. So if I got it all ass backwards, please clue me in!

Edit: Just spent some time looking at CSX2286 which wasn't assembled until 1965 so there are indeed six original Daytona coupes.
Dang ! You caught it, I was gonna call you a Ingnorant slut ! (And post info to state my case)
I have been a Shelby fan for my whole life. I have seen 2 of the original coupes. I was at Carroll's 80th birthday party at the Peterson Museum. They had 2 of the Coupes and 100 real Cobras and GT40s. Each table of 8 was hosted by a member of the team from back in the day. We had a engineer from the GT40 design team at ours. It was awesome ! I will see if I can find the pictures this weekend.

Last edited by Vettezuki : 10-07-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #8

I would love to find a 57 Bonneville
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #9

Has to be a Mk1 GT40.

gt40.jpg

If it has to be something somewhat realistic, what about a 69 boss 302, ill take mine in white please! Possibly a 65 GT350, or even a GT350R if i could get away with calling that realistic ( doubtful )
Old 10-07-2011, 02:29 AM   #10

Get smart.