Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #271
pain's fun, hit me again

Are you going to smooth out the welded spots?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #272
Fast & Filthy

If you mean on the inside of the port then yes. If you mean on the outside then no. I still have some more work to do on all the ports and I should be able to work on it this weekend. I also got everything to put it back together and I have 2 weeks of vacation starting next week so I should have it running next week.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #273
pain's fun, hit me again

Yes, inside of the port.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #274
Fast & Filthy

I've been working on the intake and heads the past few days and have the intake done and the heads mostly done. I took a couple of the ports I had fixed on the intake but don't have time to upload them today because I have two basketball games tonight. I'll try to take some tomorrow if I can and post them. With shopping for Christmas still to do I probably won't be able to get back to them until after Christmas but we'll see how that goes.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #275
Fast & Filthy

I didn't have time to work on the heads today because I had to find a vibration in the front of the Explorer that I got after going wheeling a week ago. I ended up having to replace the passenger side axle U-joint and the drivers side hub assembly. I did take some pictures of the finished intake manifold and a few of the heads.

Here are the few pictures I took of the two ports I had fixed as I was cleaning them up.

Here are the finished ports.

Here's a couple of the cylinder heads.

Exhaust

Intake

Old 12-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #276
pain's fun, hit me again

Work looks great, too bad you didn't do that before the valve job though.

Stopping the world!
Old 12-27-2014, 12:10 AM   #277
Fast & Filthy

Why's that? I didn't touch the guides at all and I'm going to lap them after I clean all the carbon off them.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:16 AM   #278
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Why's that? I didn't touch the guides at all and I'm going to lap them after I clean all the carbon off them.
I know, but you could have gone all out, hit the pockets, seat rims, everything.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:21 AM   #279
Fast & Filthy

I finished porting the heads and then cleaned and lapped the valves. After that I cleaned the heads and intake manifold, installed the new valve seals and then assembled the heads. I had a couple of valves that were pitted on the seat and I wasn't sure if they were going to leak so I tested each port after I assembled them. I ended up with one intake and one exhaust that seeped. I lapped those two valves again and was able to get the intake to seal but the exhaust was still seeping so I ordered a new valve. It came in a few days ago and it is now seals.

I started installing the headers onto the heads because it's easier to install the heads with them on than it is to try and install them after but when I went to tighten the header bolts on the driver side head I pulled the threads on three holes. Now I need to drill, tap and install helicoils on it. I did get the passenger side head on and torqued down and tonight I will fix the other head so that tomorrow I can try and have it back together and running.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #280
pain's fun, hit me again

There's a reason why the big dollar race heads are completely helicoiled.

Stopping the world!