Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-19-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Can someone find a Turbo Porsche that sounds good?

I actually really like Turbo Porsches. I often think of selling the Vette, just focusing on biz for a while, and coming back to something like a Turbo Porsche in in a couple years as a genuine street car, rain or shine, with plenty of performance for the road. One blcok for the Turbo Porsche though is that it just doesn't sound that good to me. Coming from the NA Vette, which sounds great, it's kinda weak sauce. I guess a big part of it is the opposed layout and exhaust routing. Turbo straigh sixes (Supra) can sound very cool, if different than a V8 to be sure. Anyway, maybe someone has heard one or stumbled across a clip that might change my mind.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2011, 02:34 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

That's naturally aspirated and (GT3) kinda pricey. Fantastic car though.

Quality Turbo Porsches can be had in the $50k~ range. I don't think you could get a GT3 wreck for $50k.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Courtney and I were looking at a Turbo Cayenne we almost bought it, but I would have had to Co sign. It was a sweet ride for a suv. I think I scared the salesmen but I had to make sure it would make me happy to drive. It did not disappoint.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #5

I thought about buying an Audi RS6 instead of my STS-V. The reason I did not was the cost of parts on the car. For example the front brakes have eight pads on each side. The pads last about 20 - 30k miles and cost over $500 per set, the rotors are over $600 each. Some really fine cars can be bought, but the maintenance can be sky high.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 01-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Super Moderator

I miss that about my Neon, $20 lifetime warranty brake pads.

Was it the GT2 that was turbo? I remember my fav car on Grand Turismo was an AWD turbo porsche. Thought it was a GT2. I figured the GT3 would also be turbo.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I miss that about my Neon, $20 lifetime warranty brake pads.

Was it the GT2 that was turbo? I remember my fav car on Grand Turismo was an AWD turbo porsche. Thought it was a GT2. I figured the GT3 would also be turbo.
The GT2 is the uber Turbo Porsche. The GT3 is the uber NA Porsche. I'm just talkin' bout a poor man's Turbo Porsche.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
Super Moderator

If you're gonna do it, do it right panzy! The motorgen founders ought to have superb rides. Should be a tax right off, put a small sticker on it. Boom, advertisement.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
If you're gonna do it, do it right panzy! The motorgen founders ought to have superb rides. Should be a tax right off, put a small sticker on it. Boom, advertisement.
That would require us to be organized as an actual business . . . with actual revenue.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Than by that same token, guns should be a right off for us as well?

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.