Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Palomar November 13, 2010

[EDIT: Vettezuki - 11/5 02:17 PDT]

Ok, unless a bunch of you throw full scale nancy-boy fits, we're going to make our inaugural Palomar Mountain Circuit.

Meet at A (see maps below) at 4:00 pm.

Regardless of what final route we choose, we will start at A.

WARNING: If you're coming from North Orange County, and certainly South OC, you're probably better off taking the 5 south and cutting over to the 15 using Ortega (bonus!). Check back at the top of this thread for updates.

Details subject to change. But it'll be something like this.

I think this is possibly (according to curves on map) a more interseting variant.

===========================
OP
What do we want to do next month gentlemen? GMR is the best run, but we do it so often. Turnbull is cool, but very short. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Vettezuki : 11-09-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
What do we want to do next month gentlemen? GMR is the best run, but we do it so often. Turnbull is cool, but very short. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
How about something like this. This would be a lot more convenient for our IE folks. It's not that long, or too short. It's not like a full mountain loop, but includes some great roads and we've never done it.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to R3AL.CH1CK3N Send a message via Yahoo to R3AL.CH1CK3N

Am I the only one that likes to drive Palomar Mountain?.. If you guys are interested, That's always a nice drive.
Lucky 7 Rebuilt 13B-REW w/ Half-Bridgeport, rx7store GT35R kit, APEXi PFC w/ Commander, Aluminum Radiator, Pettit AST, Auto to Manual Conversion, ACT Pro lite flywheel, ACT 6 Puck Sprung, Xcessive Aluminum Oil pan, Mspec FMIC, Viper Alarm, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, APEXi GT exhaust, AVCR, 4pt...etc.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Gmr! Gmr! Gmr! Gmr! Gmr!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #5

any ideas for a palomar mountain run??
Old 10-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
any ideas for a palomar mountain run??
Sean is in deep thought. I'm down for it. It's not so close for those of us coming from North OC, but it isn't terrible either. Any good eating places to end up at?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #7

Im coming from way down south myself...Imperial beach to be exact...Once you get into the heart of palomar, and keep heading into towar julian there are plenty of places to eat...I don't know really...If we took the route coming back out and ended up where we started we could just eat there just before everybody splits to go there own way home...I don't know just a thought...
Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Im coming from way down south myself...Imperial beach to be exact...Once you get into the heart of palomar, and keep heading into towar julian there are plenty of places to eat...I don't know really...If we took the route coming back out and ended up where we started we could just eat there just before everybody splits to go there own way home...I don't know just a thought...

Normally we meet up at the 15 & 76. The route we take is right below.

There are a couple videos on my youtube page.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=11
Lucky 7 Rebuilt 13B-REW w/ Half-Bridgeport, rx7store GT35R kit, APEXi PFC w/ Commander, Aluminum Radiator, Pettit AST, Auto to Manual Conversion, ACT Pro lite flywheel, ACT 6 Puck Sprung, Xcessive Aluminum Oil pan, Mspec FMIC, Viper Alarm, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, APEXi GT exhaust, AVCR, 4pt...etc.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #9
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3AL.CH1CK3N View Post
Normally we meet up at the 15 & 76. The route we take is right below.

There are a couple videos on my youtube page.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=11
Thank look like a nice way to burn off a full tank of gas! Maybe we can stop in Julian and get an apple pie!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 10-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #10

Yeah, that would be nice. I feel like one more cruise before i hit up the track on the 20th.