Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-07-2014, 09:31 PM   #1

Default I need everyone's opinion :)

So I was going to be picking up a gt500 hence the name but unfortunately recent events have made that a lot less likely. So I am left with the following decision.
1. 2010-2012 Camaro SS
2. 2012 - 2013 Mustang GT
3. 2003 - 2004 Mustang Cobra
now I have done some research and have my mind mostly made up but I was curious which direction everyone else would go and why. This is going to be a daily driver also so keep that in mind. Thanks Gentlemen and hope all is well with all of you.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
Internet Tough Guy

I guess it depends on your intended use. I will say that it a tough choice. First, I think the new SS looks as good or better than the GT. But that subjective. I would only go for the SS if you have the funds for the 1LE handling package. If not then it's not worth it. If you can pull the cost off then I would go SS for road racing or any weekend track days. If you intend to do more drags then GT all the way. You can get deals on terminator cobras, but I wouldn't go that route. They were great platforms to work on so its kind of hard to find one that not been molested. The GT has way more trunk space and rear seat room than the SS too if you care about that shit. I got my GT because I saw a lot of them running mid to low 12's with bolt ons and tires. I haven't seen that from the SS. However, I already had a corvette for the track.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 02-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #3

no matter what you decide on just be aware that used performance cars for the most part have been beat on at least a little so keep your eyes open when looking them over now that being said my minor opinion is
Camaro is a no go to many blind spots very uncomfortable (for me)
Cobra is great I love them but again it's old with miles and the prices have been going up lately
'12 GT I'd stay away from there some engine and tranny issues
'13 GT is probably the best Mustang I've driven prices are good right now just make sure to look for a Track Pack car
now that's just my humble opinion I'm sure there are a lot more out there so good luck and can't wait to see what ever you pick
1974 DeTomaso Pantera (300 hp)
2007 Parnelli Jones saleen (425 hp)
2008 GT500 (650 hp)
2006 Mustang GT (360 hp)
1967 GT500 clone (500 hp)
1987 2.3 16 Cosworth Mercedes (190hp)
1976 Turbo Cosworth Vega (300hp)
Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangray View Post
no matter what you decide on just be aware that used performance cars for the most part have been beat on at least a little so keep your eyes open when looking them over now that being said my minor opinion is
Camaro is a no go to many blind spots very uncomfortable (for me)
Cobra is great I love them but again it's old with miles and the prices have been going up lately
'12 GT I'd stay away from there some engine and tranny issues
'13 GT is probably the best Mustang I've driven prices are good right now just make sure to look for a Track Pack car
now that's just my humble opinion I'm sure there are a lot more out there so good luck and can't wait to see what ever you pick
I concur about the camaro, terrible visibility. Worse than a commercial van.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Only Godless communists buy Chevy at this time. But I'm a little biased.

My friend was recently in a similar position and was looking around. He has a gift and found a completely unused 03(?) Cobra with like a thousand milies on it. Not kidding. The guy did nothing with or to it and just wanted to sell it. I think he was asking under $20k for it. But this was a couple weeks ago. I can ask my friend for his contact if you're interested.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

My friend was recently in a similar position and was looking around. He has a gift and found a completely unused 03(?) Cobra with like a thousand milies on it. Not kidding. The guy did nothing with or to it and just wanted to sell it. I think he was asking under $20k for it. But this was a couple weeks ago. I can ask my friend for his contact if you're interested.
There is no termi on the planet, low miles or not, that wasn't ragged on somehow.

None the less, if it was as described, I would have bought it.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post

Wow that would be excellent I would go for that
1974 DeTomaso Pantera (300 hp)
2007 Parnelli Jones saleen (425 hp)
2008 GT500 (650 hp)
2006 Mustang GT (360 hp)
1967 GT500 clone (500 hp)
1987 2.3 16 Cosworth Mercedes (190hp)
1976 Turbo Cosworth Vega (300hp)
Old 02-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
There is no termi on the planet, low miles or not, that wasn't ragged on somehow.

None the less, if it was as described, I would have bought it.
This guy was weird to hear him described. He bought it thinking it was an investment or something like that. The miles were literally in the neighborhood. My friend said it still had a hint of new car smell. No wear on anything!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #9

Dang sounds real good I will talk to the wife about it. As far as use I'm looking at daily driver
Old 02-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

I'll ask for contact info in the meantime. He wanted it gone so it may be gone. But this was earlier in the year and stuff moves pretty slow around that time. But now people are getting their returns and it's starting to heat up. Anyway, I'll see what I can find out. We have day off on Monday, so I probably won't know until Tuesday.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)