Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #71
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I know I won't be able to get a 1:52. Realistically I'm thinking that I'll run around a 1:58 or maybe a 1:57 at most. My Cobra has stock brakes, somewhat stock suspension and weighs more than a stock Cobra due to the entertainment system. The only thing I really have over a stock Cobra is power but I still want to try to see how close I can get to his mighty Vette when equiped with equivalent tires.

Carlos, did you ever run your Mustang on the Roval? What times did you put down in it and what did it have done to it? I thought I remember you saying you did suspension and brakes upgrades.
Our cars are pretty much identical. Same brakes, springs, suspension and probably similar weight now, maybe a couple hundred pounds lighter. I have the HP advantage but you have the TQ advantage. Though I can only fit 245-275's on mine.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #72
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
I know I won't be able to get a 1:52. Realistically I'm thinking that I'll run around a 1:58 or maybe a 1:57 at most. My Cobra has stock brakes, somewhat stock suspension and weighs more than a stock Cobra due to the entertainment system. The only thing I really have over a stock Cobra is power but I still want to try to see how close I can get to his mighty Vette when equiped with equivalent tires.

Carlos, did you ever run your Mustang on the Roval? What times did you put down in it and what did it have done to it? I thought I remember you saying you did suspension and brakes upgrades.
I ran my mustang as stated in the previous post. I ran a 2:02 with two big ass dudes in the car (+250) so we were pushing 4000 lbm. It was a "stock GT" obviously since its a car I bought it has all the important options. This was also done with the alignment off the show room floor.
-recaro seats: felt planted. Normally I have to sing h my harness down hard on the vette or else I will use the steering wheel to brace myself in turns which makes you inputs jerky and slow.
-track package: 3.73 gears, upgraded radiator ( the boss unit), brembo front brake (not sure if they have a more aggressive pad or not), upgraded to 19" Pirrelli tire, and the torsen differential.

The 5.0 worked great right out of the box on the track. I was shocked on how much of a difference the differential made. The car really rotates well. I had to tune out some push in my corvette, but the stang turns in no problem. When the budget allows I will be installing one on the Vette.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 08-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #73
Fast & Filthy

I didn't mean your new one, didn't you have a '96 or something before the Vette that you use to race?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #74
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
I didn't mean your new one, didn't you have a '96 or something before the Vette that you use to race?
Oops. My old 96 was a 4.6L 2v with PI heads and a Procharger p1sc. It had KYB adjustable shocks, Eibach sport springs, Steeda chamber kit, maximum Motorsport upper and lower control arms, a panhardbar also from M&M, and 4.10 gears. It would put down about 430 to the wheels for about six months before that peice of shit 2v would explode. It was the first car that I really got to tuning so there were a lot of problems with it. I did some autocross events and ran it one time at the course in firebird raceway. I did do a lot of drag racing with it and some bracket racing at firebird and speedworld. I even did some of my own tuning using EEC tuner. Those were the real crazy days. I actually told myself that I would never buy another Ford again. I guess time heals all.

So my first real taste of road racing was with Formula SAE. We built a car and competed in 2002.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #75
I, Vettezuki

Just saw some more reviews and tests of the C7 Z51. Except for the weird ass turning rev matching on/off with what look exactly like shift paddles, they pretty much knocked it out of the park. Considering that if you bump up interior as well you're still only at $65k~ and Porsche is just considering a reduced base 911 which wouldn't hold a candle to the Z51 for over $70k, I'd say they done good. Real gud. Can't to see where they go for a ZO6 and ZR1 level on the C7 platform.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #76
Super Moderator

Ron are you talking about the Cobra? You think it will hang with a C6? Can those cars handle really well?