Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #31
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I'd buy this Long Travel Kit and this truck and 7k on a supercharger, rebuild motor and trans and still have 25k in my pocket for body paint cage wheels etc.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #32
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

or this truck I think would be better to tear apart.

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #33
pain's fun, hit me again

Would you really put a supercharger up against the raptor for reliability in desert heat conditions? Not likely.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #34
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Okay no SC, crate LS7 Done.

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #35
pain's fun, hit me again

Whats a crate LS7, transmission, wiring assembly, rear end, swap parts going to cost?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #36
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Whats a crate LS7, transmission, wiring assembly, rear end, swap parts going to cost?
Easy $20k I'd guess.

You could do a home brew H&C LS3 for easily that much power (more really) for a hell of a lot less money though.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #37
I, Vettezuki

FTR, except just for fun, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense comparing stock to non-stock. You just end up with an endless stream of "but then you could spend X for YZ." It's a game we've all played (and play) but at that point we're sort of dancing in circles.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #38
Graphics B*tch

Wow. I did not see this thread blowing up like this. When I started this thread evidential I should have put more perimeters on the statement.

I was not saying that you could not buy a piece of shit truck and drop $30K into it and spank a Raptor. I was referring to the fact that someone drove a STOCK truck off a lot and dropped the safety equipment in it that was required and basically racing it in a competition and can hang in there. Name a truck right now from the mainstream auto manufacturers that can do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I want to emphasize one more time, the Raptor is a bad ass truck, and I would be proud to own one. But it is top of nothing, and it CERTAINLY has worthy competition from GM and Chrysler in all genres.
I am not saying break down every singular aspect of this truck and say well this can do this one thing better. That is a bullshit argument for what I posted and what the article was about. You are ignoring that.

I know I could go buy a Duramax and out tow that thing. No shit. That is what the Diesel it made for. Yes Chuck could take his Truck out to Glamis and have fun, hell I could take my truck out there too but that does not say it compares to the Raptor's off-road abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I said factory lift option, much more than 6" of travel, and I also said platform to platform. You can buy a factory lifted F150 with a warranty that will out jump a Raptor. Adam is right.
No it won't. Try that "Lift kit" and see how long it would last and how your body would feel after a day in the jumps compared to the raptor. I will supply the ice packs for you.

The thought that nobody would drive that thing out in the desert because it is a 4WD is ridiculous. Can you get more travel out of a 2WD? Yes, but come on... find a stock truck that pulls more travel.

The Raptor is a truck that can be driven daily on the street and be comfortable to do so. At the same time is can handle the monthly trips for Joe Smith to home depot like a normal truck. It can town the quads, dirt bikes, sand rails out to Glamis just like other trucks. The big difference is that this truck will beat the living crap out of any other truck in the desert stock for stock. This truck was not built to be a trail rig, though I am sure it is more than capable for that type of fun as well. It was built to blast out in the desert and I have not seen an article that says it can not do that and do that is can not do it better than any other stock truck out there.

There is no truck out there on the market now that is stock (ie: without a aftermarket lift kit) that even comes close the this trucks abilities as a whole.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #39
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
FTR, except just for fun, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense comparing stock to non-stock. You just end up with an endless stream of "but then you could spend X for YZ." It's a game we've all played (and play) but at that point we're sort of dancing in circles.
This is a great point. If memory serves me correctly, and it hardly ever does, Adam called me out when I said I would take the new mustang over the M3 and just invest that money I saved buying the Stang to make it faster than the M3 stating that was not a fair comparison.

290HP / 305TQ

Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #40
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I'd buy this Long Travel Kit and this truck and 7k on a supercharger, rebuild motor and trans and still have 25k in my pocket for body paint cage wheels etc.
Chuck, you buy a comparably equipped NEW Silverado and slap your Long Travel kit on it, good luck finding one and if you have one specially made your will probably be spending about $8-10K doing so, then add your new rims and tires, fiberglass fenders and engine power adders (to com up to the 411hp and 435lb the Raptor 6.2 has) and let me know what your final tally would be. Oh and then tell me how long you think your truck would last before you have to take it to the dealer for repairs on all that stuff that they do not cover.

290HP / 305TQ