Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #601
pain's fun, hit me again

Carlos, if you want work to happen feel free to drive up and work on it. I don't think anyone here will complain if you want to work on it all by your lonesome.

I'm back in school, severely upped my training, still have my own shit to finish and another job on top of the other two, no one is being lazy, in fact everyone else is jamming on important life shit.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 04-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #602
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Carlos, if you want work to happen feel free to drive up and work on it. I don't think anyone here will complain if you want to work on it all by your lonesome.

I'm back in school, severely upped my training, still have my own shit to finish and another job on top of the other two, no one is being lazy, in fact everyone else is jamming on important life shit.
Sorry Guy. I very clearly stated from the beginning that I was only supporting with money. Which I have done. I'm sorry I did claim to support with labor and then bail a month later. Understand you got shit going on, just remember when people go in on these projects it's with the assumption that people do what they say there are going to do. I also never called you or anyone out and I never called anyone lazy.

Now I will say that you grew the project to add a bunch of extra shit then walked.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter

Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #603
I, Vettezuki

Fellas. It'll get done and we'll have fun with it. But it has to slot with each of our realities and priorities. From my POV, supporting with time, labor and money, my interest is in a group project. I could go out there by myself some weekends with John, and hammer it out, but that's not why I started it. When Ron comes back on line, and there are at least three of us to work on it at a time, it'll move along just fine. There are no enormous mechanical or expense barriers between here and a working car, just a matter of scheduling in view of things like people having kids, getting married, running other businesses, etc..

Carlos, I fully understand your position. Projects like this always have external contingencies and between both Guy (early on) and Ron (later) having their availability bumped for other priorities, core labor evaporated. This is NOT blame, just a statement of fact. I accept the responsibility for allowing the initial scope to grow too far to alter what the project was actually for. That is my fault.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #604
pain's fun, hit me again

I have no doubt in my mind, that I alone could finish 90% of the chassis related work in a weekend. Problem is, I don't have that weekend for some time. I truly do want to work on it, and my own shit, and my friends shit. Unfortunately only 24 hours in a day.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #605
I, Vettezuki

Carlos's point is that if the initial scope had been constrained the project would not have been vulnerable to people bouncing to other priorities; that time and money that has been put into this so far, which is not a trivial amount, would have been sufficient to get a simpler effort on line; that rather than a project 80% done and sitting it would have been 100% done . . a year ago.

He is correct.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 06-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #606
I, Vettezuki

Ron, when do you see a chance to work on this? No pressure, but if something isn't written down, it basically isn't going to happen.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 06-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #607
Fast & Filthy

I don't right now. I have to finish building and installing the 429 for Andy's Mach I, then I have to finsh putting the engine back together on my Cobra, then I have to rebuild the transfer case on the Explorer and the front axle and finally I have to drop the fuel tank on the Suburban and replace the pressure sensor. It's the only vehicle that I have driveable at the moment.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #608
I, Vettezuki

Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I plan to liquidate this project and repay those who put in cash and any meaningful amount of time. I'll eat my portion for any MG member who wants this as-is for their project car.

See OP for all that exists. Base price means $1,400. Anyone who has put in cash or significant time (namely Ron, though I suspect he has more than enough) can get a reduction in this according to their input. I have clear non-op title. My guess is that for around $2k total and maybe 100 hours semi-skilled labor (not a beginner DIY) someone could have a hoot of a redneck thumper that would be fun to take to places like Adam's and maybe build up over time. Note: this will not easily be an on road CA car ever again.

I'll keep the Snake as it's primarily my own cost and was the original project car. Don't care if it takes years to finish as it's still within in scope of what was intended to be. This is not and I think needs to be killed.

For any MG member interested we can do this when you want. If not, I'll take physical possession and move to liquidate in the Fall.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #609
pain's fun, hit me again

Ridesmotox was looking to do a lemons car and PM'ed about locating one, he might be interested.

Stopping the world!

Old 04-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #610
Super Moderator

Cars are worth about $200 in scrap metal at Adams steel, more if they are cut up, more if there is an engine or trans or diff.