Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default Most hours worked?

Question is that is the most hours you have put in in a day, week, month? This week has been tough 0600-2100 each day and sleeping onboard tomorrow.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 10-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

When renovating the dojo, i did a 70 hour pull. I got really sick after that.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

All things combined I'm at a constant 60+, that's day gig, plus other business. One week that particular comes to mind though was 6 days 0800 - 2300 and I had to be 100% meticulously focused second to second for about 25% of that time.

Sounds like you're having a ball. Probably best not to take too many shortcuts on a sub.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Mine was a straight 70 hours, at the dojo, in the same Gi, the next week i got a terrible cold, was vomiting, probably during that time i drank probably 10 NOS drinks. After that was when it nearly ate my intestines out, and has ruined my ability to ingest caffeine
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #5

I used to put in 3, 16 hour days a week while working 2 jobs. One full time job 5 and 6 days a week in rotations and a part time job 3 nights a week. On my 5 day weeks , I worked the extra day at the part time job. The full time job was flat rate on labor, on 10 hour days most of the time. EDIT: I did this for 6 years.
Flat rate is based on the labor that it takes to do the job, like a commission, so no overtime either.

So it was 80 ish hours a week.

I still will stay at work sometimes until 10 or 11pm, if I have cars that need to be done. They asked me to stay until 9pm tonight, but I made plans to meet Frankie for dinner, and she was on the way already .
And I still have a second job on Saturdays.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #6

~131,400

Give or take a few dozen and account for the odd leap year or two...

When I repossessed cars it was basically like being on call, all the time (24x365x15)

I'm torn, I'd never go back but mostly because the industry is way different now but if I could still go out and get paid for thieving cars like you could in the 90's, I'd be there in a heartbeat. It was an art back in the day, now it's just moving cars with a tow truck.
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #7

116 hours in 7 days as a civilian, continued to work 16 hour days for 3 more days before getting a break. 32 hours straight once and I nodded of at a red light stopped with the clutch pushed in. I woke up and the light was still red, but I did not recognized any of the cars in the intersection. 49 hours straight only potty breaks and food was brought to me when I was in the Navy. Our internal navigation system was down on my aircraft carrier, no internal nav, no flights. Normally 12 on 12 off while out at sea 7 days a week.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
~131,400

Give or take a few dozen and account for the odd leap year or two...

When I repossessed cars it was basically like being on call, all the time (24x365x15)

I'm torn, I'd never go back but mostly because the industry is way different now but if I could still go out and get paid for thieving cars like you could in the 90's, I'd be there in a heartbeat. It was an art back in the day, now it's just moving cars with a tow truck.
Mercedes, BMW, Audi, pretty much all the luxury models, sent us keys to do our repos. Spot the car, take the key, drive away the car. Most of the time though we had to do some crawling into garages, locked parking structures etc.

Stopping the world!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #9

spent the better part of a year doing 75 hours a week working and taking 14 units at school, if that counts in there too Glad not to be in that boat anymore.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
spent the better part of a year doing 75 hours a week working and taking 14 units at school, if that counts in there too Glad not to be in that boat anymore.
My grandpa did something like that at engineering grad school. Not as many work hours, but would typically go to class and lab 7:30 - 12:00, work from 2:00/4:00 - 10:00 (at places like a Foundry doing enamel on cast iron bathtubs), do homework til he couldn't stand it; wash rinse repeat. He also had a breakdown towards the end. It's not really how you want to do anything if you can help it.

If I count what I would really consider work, it's really just 40 hours a week, since other business is kind of a different category. I'm 37. The goal is to be at (have the distinct option of) 0 hours a week by 50.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)