Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Well, here's another one. I can only listen to this one on occasion, it has such a strong effect. I have an almost drug like response to music.

"Both Sides Now" - Joni Mitchell

This is the later version from the same titled album. Vince Mendoza did the arrangement. He's 2 x awesome.
Joni is definitely a talent. Court and Spark is still a favorite of mine.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #132

Quote:
It really is that good, if you're into that sort of thing. Great lyrics (almost unheard of these days), nice arrangement and a one-of-a-kind vocal performance. I love Tom Waits.
Here's another one that gets me every time:
Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #133
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I caught and I kind of like it. I'm not a huge Bruce Springsteen fan and it's definitely a little 80's, but it's still kind of neat sounding.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:13 AM   #134
I, Vettezuki

- U2

This is from Passengers, a collection of tracks used for soundtracks. It really reminds me of my time working at Tower records in the late 90s while at school. It was a short time, but I worked with an interesting girl named Venus and an even more interesting guy named Kyle Shostakovitch who occasionally came to work in a cape and listened to Iannis Zenakis because he thought it was relaxing, not even I'm that nutty when it comes to music. I heard he made some fascinating 8mm films, but I never got to see any.

On a separate note, I knew a Bosnian girl in grad school who gave birth to her first son in a Serbian "detention" camp, surviving off dandelions soup picked from the yard. We Americans are so extraordinarily insulated from harshness that we are able to indulge some pretty . . . mmm, soft ideas about reality.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-28-2009, 03:24 AM   #135
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I caught this song on the radio today and I kind of like it. I'm not a huge Bruce Springsteen fan and it's definitely a little 80's, but it's still kind of neat sounding.
A great career as a real singer song writer. But for my dollar, it's the lesser known and earlier "Nebraska" album that is really great. Oh yeah, it will suck your will to live. Here's the lyrics from the title track "". (Based on a true story.)

I saw her standin on her front lawn just twirlin her baton
Me and her went for a ride sir and ten innocent people died

From the town of lincoln nebraska with a sawed-off .410 on my lap
Through to the badlands of wyoming I killed everything in my path

I cant say that Im sorry for the things that we done
At least for a little while sir me and her we had us some fun

The jury brought in a guilty verdict and the judge he sentenced me to death
Midnight in a prison storeroom with leather straps across my chest

Sheriff when the man pulls that switch sir and snaps my poor neck back
You make sure my pretty baby is sittin right there on my lap

They declared me unfit to live said into that great void my soul
Be hurled
They wanted to know why I did what I did
Well sir I guess theres just a meanness in this world

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #136

Quote:
A great career as a real singer song writer. But for my dollar, it's the lesser known and earlier "Nebraska" album that is really great. Oh yeah, it will suck your will to live. (Based on a true story.)
I just listened to it......your right
Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #137
I, Vettezuki

" - (12" Version)" - The Specials

This is what I'm going to blast out my MadMaxx Mobile after the global economic Apocalypse has run its course. (Kinda ignore the video, use your imagination.)

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #138

Quote:
"Ghost Town - (12" Version)" - The Specials

This is what I'm going to blast out my MadMaxx Mobile after the global economic Apocalypse has run its course. (Kinda ignore the video, use your imagination.)
Umm....well.....for some reason it reminds me of the Rocky Horror Picture Show (which i seen in my youth many many times and now have the DVD).
Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #139
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani View Post
Umm....well.....for some reason it reminds me of the Rocky Horror Picture Show (which i seen in my youth many many times and now have the DVD).
For me, it's the lyrics, very poignant. Oh, and the deranged music.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #140
Fast & Filthy

My daughters are on Spring Break this week and are playing in their loft which is right outside of my office. It seems their favorite song right now is from the Disney Mania 6 CD. It is song 6 which is Real Gone by Billy Ray Cyrus. I've heard it about 20 times today.