Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: What do you consider to be fast?
13.00-13.99 seconds 4 36.36%
12.00-12.99 seconds 4 36.36%
11.00-11.99seconds 1 9.09%
10.00-10.99seconds 0 0%
10 seconds or less 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I thought we were talking about cars, as in street cars, not race cars. If we're talking about race cars running race fuel, that Civic is not fast. . .
I was just responding to Brutal's quip. That Civic is still a civic based engine and chassis, not purpose built from scratch for one thing only. We've gone over this recently. It is a modified track only "race" car based on a VERY average street car. It is the fastest car of whatever type on MG at this time. Ron's Chevelle (10s) is the fastest High Octane "street" car (and the fastest car period for a regular user), and Ron's Cobra (11s) is the fastest genuine street car. That's for 1/4 accel. Carlos's Vette is the fastest course car on MG. Yours is the loudest and possibly the most powerful among regular users. . . dyno queen.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #22
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
14.0-14.99

My vette was fast with 185hp, it beat a 95 Mustang GT with 220 hp... also a fast car. SRT4s with average drivers are always mid 14s, those cars are fast too.

15 -16 would be average, while low 15s still is on the faster side. Once you get into the 17s you're slow. I think stock 4cyl Rangers are in the 17s.

...Most of the cars on this forum screw up your perception. Most of our cars are ridiculous. Even a stock Corvette is ridiculous. Up until 2005ish 400hp was an extremely impressive number.
I agree for the most part. I feel like a 13 second street car is still "fast."
Old 10-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
...the fastest High Octane "street" car...
Oxymoron.

Super Street, I believe it was, did a test for the ultimate street car a few years back. I have the DVD somewhere. One of the tests was a fuel mileage test, they watched as the owners fill up with 91 and taped their fuel doors shut to prevent cheating.

I think the winner was the Ultima GT, which is a kit car, but still a street car technically. 2nd place was probably one of the several Supra TTs.

One of the monster hp Supras managed to pull off like 41 mpg. Some of those guys got crazy, they would turn their motors off while coasting down hill.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #24

For a Daily Driver, i say low-mid 11s is fast.

As for a track car or something you wouldnt drive every day to work in traffic; under 10 or no go!

I find my car to be quick, but definitely not fast. Seeing how I assume I can hit a high 12 w/ my baby mods
Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
For a Daily Driver, i say low-mid 11s is fast.

As for a track car or something you wouldnt drive every day to work in traffic; under 10 or no go!

I find my car to be quick, but definitely not fast. Seeing how I assume I can hit a high 12 w/ my baby mods

I see you haven't run at California Speedway. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #26

And never never never will
Unless there is a private track day with decent weather... where the track isnt worth wasting my money and tire life on
Old 10-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #27
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
And never never never will
Unless there is a private track day with decent weather... where the track isnt worth wasting my money and tire life on
Irwindale is a great 8th mile. You can get 6 runs in easy on a Thursday night for $20. Or do you just want to guess about how fast your car is.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #28
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Actually, I think SoCal Racer (Mike I believe) has the fastest car on Motorgen. His Vega runs 10.30's on the engine and if I remember correctly I think he said he ran 9.5 on the bottle but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Irwindale is a great 8th mile. You can get 6 runs in easy on a Thursday night for $20. Or do you just want to guess about how fast your car is.
He and Adam can just keep talking about what their cars can do and never bring them to the track.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
He and Adam can just keep talking about what their cars can do and never bring them to the track.
Find a quote with me realistically suggesting an ET for my car. You may be looking for a while...

While I may repeat a claim of a big hp number (which I did not adhere to once you guy's objected) I never make claims about how fast my car would be at the track. I only joke about the contrary.

And really, I don't care. I don't care about how fast my car would ET, or how good my 60 foot would be... I only agreed to run to get a mph to approximate my hp, in lieu of a dyno. If I get my car on the dyno before the track opens, I prob won't even go. I know an awful lot about engines and cars, and I can do an awful lot mechanically and cosmetically. And racing down the track won't do anything to increase my knowledge or ability. I wanted a street car (that runs off of gas available on every street) that looked cool and could destroy other street cars. And that's what I have, success. I didn't build this car with the track in mind because I don't care enough to go racing at the track on a routine basis, so why would I care what my car would do in a place that it was never intended to go? Just because you guys are into your ET and your 60 foot time, doesn't mean that everyone else cares. You might aswell be spouting your ETs off at a drifter... I don't care.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #30
Super Moderator

And do you think I would have fitted 19s with 30 series tires on the back if I cared about traction that much? I like the fact that I can start a burnout from a 40mph roll... it's fun!

And I went with the low pros to increase handling. Handling is as important to me as acceleration.

How would your Chevelle do against my Vette going down Carbon Canyon? I care more about that than what it would do on a straight line track.

...And did I mention that I run, and have always run catalytic converters. I don't care about losing the 20hp, it's worth it not to fumigate my gf at every stop light.