Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #11

Can't think of much I'd want under $15K.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Dude, $15 limit is too low. make it $40K or make the values of the other vehicles less than the value of on of your current.

My five:
1) my current vette
2) Dodge Ram 2500 megacab 4x4
3) 996 TT (used ~30K) Street terror
4) BMW 135i (best BMW made in the last 19 years)
5) Chevy Nova II for popping wheelies
You can get a 996TT in the $30k range? Mmmm.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Can't think of much I'd want under $15K.
LOL, go ahead and raise the limit to 50k Joe.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
LOL, go ahead and raise the limit to 50k Joe.
1) My Vette
2) Cobra Kit car
3) 65 Ford Galaxy
4) 59 Ford Pickup
5) Harley Davidson (New)

Now take that Sean.

You notice there are NO GM vehicles except the Vette.

I think it should be our top "ten" not "five".
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad

Alright... the 15k is gunna kill my list as well because my top 5 would pretty much all be collectors items that sell for more than 15 but aren't necessarily worth more than 15 (i.e. 93 cobra, 66 mustang fastback and alike). SO, as for my reasonable list... (in no particular order)

88-93 Mustang 5.0 5 speed. Good all-around build (road-racing or drags) and capable DD...

Brand Spankin' New (whatever year that may be) GSX-R 1000. What else are gixxers for - just plain fun, cruising, drags, kneedragging etc...

1995-2003 BMW 540i - grocery/family mobile. depending on the year this would end up right around that 15k mark but since I wouldn't be able to get a V10 M5 I would settle for this

1996 Ford Bronco - lift, flares, tires, bumpers - decent all around off-road build... good for the mountains or the desert. Mild crawling or (mild) pre-running...

and, finally....

An early 70's Triumph, customized cafe racer... maybe this is just a phase I'm in right now, but I reallly want to build a cafe racer. I'd really like a vintage ducati but that would be much harder to come by - I'd even settle for a honda cb750 if i had to...

OK - that took a bit more thought that I would have guessed... but there it is... my current "reasonably-minded-wish-list"

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)
Old 07-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97srad View Post
. . .

An early 70's Triumph, customized cafe racer... maybe this is just a phase I'm in right now, but I reallly want to build a cafe racer. I'd really like a vintage ducati but that would be much harder to come by - I'd even settle for a honda cb750 if i had to...

OK - that took a bit more thought that I would have guessed... but there it is... my current "reasonably-minded-wish-list"
You should talke to, uh, CafeRacer. He lives up in La Canada and rides Angeles Crest all the time on his Thruxton.

As for me, I really dig the new Nicky Hayden themed Ducati 848. Wonder how much that is?

And because of some substantial connections, the temptation to buy a new R1 is pretty intense sometimes. But I have discipline.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You should talke to, uh, CafeRacer. He lives up in La Canada and rides Angeles Crest all the time on his Thruxton.

As for me, I really dig the new Nicky Hayden themed Ducati 848. Wonder how much that is?

And because of some substantial connections, the temptation to buy a new R1 is pretty intense sometimes. But I have discipline.
That Nicky Hayden 848 is pretty badass... but it's only an 848... despite the lack of an extravagant paint job I would much prefer the 1198S which I think is going for just under 20 now... The 848's start at 13,900 so I imagine the Nicky Hayden is about 15-16 ish... AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep up that discipline of not buying an R1... Guys who ride R1's are like guys who drive EVO's and WRX's as (if I remember right) BRUTAL pointed out the other day... They think they are the fastest thing under the sun when, in fact, they are definitely not...

If you're looking at Liter bikes stick to Honda or Suzuki. Even Kawasaki over Yamaha for that matter...

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...out-88218.html

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)
Old 07-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97srad View Post
That Nicky Hayden 848 is pretty badass... but it's only an 848... despite the lack of an extravagant paint job I would much prefer the 1198S which I think is going for just under 20 now... The 848's start at 13,900 so I imagine the Nicky Hayden is about 15-16 ish... AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep up that discipline of not buying an R1... Guys who ride R1's are like guys who drive EVO's and WRX's as (if I remember right) BRUTAL pointed out the other day... They think they are the fastest thing under the sun when, in fact, they are definitely not...

If you're looking at Liter bikes stick to Honda or Suzuki. Even Kawasaki over Yamaha for that matter...

http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...out-88218.html
I don't know man, the new R1 is pretty wicked. You could say the same thing about guys in Corvettes . . .

I love my Bandit, which is dirt cheap to own, almost free, and is really more than enough bike for me. It's just I got to ride a 08 Gixxer once, and that kind of stability is addicting. The Bandit is a hoot, but like my old Vette is not exactly cutting edge handling technology.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You can get a 996TT in the $30k range? Mmmm.
Well I'll be damned.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

This is almost more than I can possibly resist, even though I can't stand GM.

C6Z for under $40k!!!

I've got to be missing something. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)