Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's for my 5' tall, 100 pound Japanese wife who presently drives the Hello Kitty themed Miata. She also enjoys speeding tickets (this might help that at least!) and hitting things. . .

Though the idea of her driving a diesel truck is amusing. Maybe if I paint it pink and put some sunflower hub caps on.

Also, if this project pans out, might get into making some biodiesel for shits and giggles since I have easy access to lots of fry oil for free, and that would drop incremental fuel costs by about 75%. (And my mom has a Cummins diesel truck and at some point would probably get a diesel tractor.)
You dont live near Glendora do you? Saw an asian girl getting out of a Hello Kitty decked out miata at the gym. Lol. I think it was blue but she looked a little taller then 5ft.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #22

She will fit better in this...lol
Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Natie View Post
You dont live near Glendora do you? Saw an asian girl getting out of a Hello Kitty decked out miata at the gym. Lol. I think it was blue but she looked a little taller then 5ft.
Ha! Maybe her Doppelgänger. Anyway, figuring out what we're going to do with this side issue. The Miata is still marginally valuable and all things considered, for her, the commute, and the road a Nissan Juke is looking like a good option. Another possibility, since if I do this I don't have to keep the one buck truck, is to sell it and get something else, like the S10 Blazer, which she could drive on bad weather days.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Zeroing in on a 2003 S10 Blazer. Prefer 4d 4x4 if possible. Budget around $6k lets say. The reason for the 2003 is that there is a Baytech CNG conversion that is CARB legal. Me mum and I work fairly close to one another and we can carpool when weather is good (most of the time, reducing commute costs to minor) and my wife can keep her Hello Kitty Miata. When weather is bad, she can take over the Blazer, I can take my Wrangler and me mum her Cummins Diesel.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #25
Super Moderator

You need to convince your wife to get an STI or an Evo. Its AWD so she wont get stuck, and powerful enough to get her unstuck out of the mud, or to get her away from thugs if they try to chase her down.

So ya, get an STI or an Evo, unless you dont care about your wifes safety.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You need to convince your wife to get an STI or an Evo. Its AWD so she wont get stuck, and powerful enough to get her unstuck out of the mud, or to get her away from thugs if they try to chase her down.

So ya, get an STI or an Evo, unless you dont care about your wifes safety.
My wife holds the world record for most speeding tickets in Hyndai Accent. She approaches the gas pedal as something more like a switch. At least she's not as bad as her mother who learned to drive from a Tokyo cab driver . . you really are only ever stopped, accelerating or decelerating and as long as there is a milometer of separation you're good . . . at speed.

Probably she'll keep the Miata for dry weather and I'm thinking to get the Blazer, possibly with a CNG conversion and carpool with my mom most of the time, Then when it's nasty, the wife takes the Blazer and we take the Wrangler or Cummins.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #27
Super Moderator

You have a cummins now?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #28
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You have a cummins now?
My folks do. The property I'm talking about is combining my wife and I with my folks. Hence the carpooling idea. We'll be living at the same address and commuting into the OC relatively close to each other.

The tough bit for me is I'd be fairly radically shifting my lifestyle schedule towards earlier morning. Ick. But, change itself is good sometimes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #29
pain's fun, hit me again

I've been seeing a ton of CNG vehicles on CL lately. Fucking cheap too.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I've been seeing a ton of CNG vehicles on CL lately. Fucking cheap too.
It's almost entirely Civics, Crown Vics and commercial it seems.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)