Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #101

lol at this thread. If you really want to compare, you need the same cars at the same place with the same driver on the same day. Measure lap times, acceleration, etc. Otherwise it's he-said-she-said BS 95% of the time.

Anyway. This guy/CAR is fast IMO, if you don't think so, you need to lay off the crack pipe!

Sub 1:30s at Willow Springs big track. Obviously this guy can drive. Check out his other vids, he has a corner-by-corner guide to the track which is awesome.

1972 Porsche 911
272 CRANK hp
2700 lbs with driver

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #102
Internet Tough Guy

That is fast. He really went fast through turns 8 and 9. He went through at 120-130. I was 10 mph slower on Hoosiers. I do have him buy 15-20 mph on the front straight. That Porsche is a momentum car and he can drive.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #103
Super Moderator

100 mph around a turn? That takes balls. I think it would take me some time to get comfortable with that. Shit happens a lot faster at 100 mph
Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #104
Internet Tough Guy

On that turn yes. it's completely flat and if you get in the dirt you will damage your car. A lot. He is making up a ton of time there. Turn 9 is the second worse turn I have seen. It's reasonable, but if you fuck it up you're done. There was a death there in HPDE back in 2007 when a Mini Cooper got sideways on the exit of 9 over corrected and shot into the infield and rolled. I also saw a M3spin on the same exit and ping pong ball off of the pit entrance walls.

California Speedway is so banked that if you are doing <120 and you manage to spin the car will actually come down into the grass instead of going up into the wall. Thats why I will rock 140 at Cal, but not at Willow.

I am planning on attending with the Stang.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #105

Yeah that guy has major balls. If u look at some his vids you'll realize he's pretty familiar with that track and his car... been doing it a while. Definitley something any sane driver would have to work up to.

And yes... his cornering speeds are ridiculous. I've only been there twice... but I hear you on turn 8 and 9. I talked to a lady at the diner and one of the corner workers last time and both mentioned how many really bad wrecks and injuries happen there at turn 9.. Scary shit for sure. And going off track in turn two will definitely fuck your car up as u said.

Great if u could make it, I don't remember if you're on the track day email list.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra