Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: What color should I paint the car?
Meteorite Silver 3 42.86%
Onyx Black Metallic 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You do realize there are other colors . . . right? One day, I'm going to kidnap your C2 and paint it with a Hello-Kitty theme. Something like:

Well, I do have three cats.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #12
Super Moderator

You know, I'd really love to paint the car black. And I saw this black Mosler yesterday that was sexier than Jamie Pressly, but the reality is, that if I paint the car black and spider veins show up three months later, they'd shine through the black paint like a sore thumb.

Think I might go with the Meteorite Silver. These choices are killing me.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
I, Vettezuki

One of the few cars I'd go with an all black theme on is FFR GTM:

That's rad.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #14
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

NOW, that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn64vette View Post
NOW, that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!
Uh, there were two options there.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #16
A Motorgen O.G.

Nice photoshops. Haha. Replace Color tool?

I'd go for Silver. I like that one.

How much is this paint job running you?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Not sure, Eric's Dad is going to spray it and I'm going to do all the prep work... rather I'm doing the prep work, right now. She's in bad shape right now, no trim, no emblems, no front bumper, no door panels or sill plates. So I just need to buy the supplies & pay Eric's Dad, which won't be bad.

My plan is to make a custom fiberglass front bumper (license plate area and bumperettes delete) that will be molded into the body. Also, I'm going to fix the underside of the hood, glass over the emblem holes & antenna hole. Fix the spider veins (I hope). I'm also going to replace the drivers side door hinge. Also, also, I'm going to cut off the headliner mount on the t-tops and paint the underside of the t-tops to match the car. AND I'm going to fix my headliner, which is cracked. And to top it off I'm going to black out the side markers and the tail lights. BTW while I'm doing all of this I'll also be doing a HG.

But I still don't know about the color, I washed my Neon tonight and that new black paint looked mighty sexy, and that's on a Neon!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Not sure, Eric's Dad is going to spray it and I'm going to do all the prep work... rather I'm doing the prep work, right now. She's in bad shape right now, no trim, no emblems, no front bumper, no door panels or sill plates. So I just need to buy the supplies & pay Eric's Dad, which won't be bad.

My plan is to make a custom fiberglass front bumper (license plate area and bumperettes delete) that will be molded into the body. Also, I'm going to fix the underside of the hood, glass over the emblem holes & antenna hole. Fix the spider veins (I hope). I'm also going to replace the drivers side door hinge. Also, also, I'm going to cut off the headliner mount on the t-tops and paint the underside of the t-tops to match the car. AND I'm going to fix my headliner, which is cracked. And to top it off I'm going to black out the side markers and the tail lights. BTW while I'm doing all of this I'll also be doing a HG.

But I still don't know about the color, I washed my Neon tonight and that new black paint looked mighty sexy, and that's on a Neon!!!

You may find that your fiberglass is extremely dry. When doing the prep with bare glass, don't chince on the resin. If the material will drink it in, it wants it. Yes it will add some weight (on the order of 10s of pounds) but will make the painting substrate much MUCH more stable. I saw this both on an episode of Overhaulin and in a Corvette Quarterly article. Dude, honestly you should be ready for 100+ hours of prep if you want it to swing hard when your done. A good paint job depends very heavily on prep. A good paint job goes a long way to a nice resale price. Your time on prep is a good investment on future sale (since I know that's where you're going.).

BTW I might have a line on brand new 6L LQ9s at stupid low prices (<$2k). Instead of putting your L48 back in, if you modernize (which I know a lot about) you might be able to turn an additional profit. Sorry comrade, just the capitalist in me talking.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Now I'm thinking Graphite. Sorry guys, should have waited till I narrowed it down to post a bulletin.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Now I'm thinking Graphite. Sorry guys, should have waited till I narrowed it down to post a bulletin.

That is one of the nicest looking Vipers I've ever seen. And yes, that's a beautiful paint job.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)