Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Replace Vinyl top on MX-5

The Vinyl top on my wife's MX-5 has torn rather substantially from the frame and needs to be replaced.

Any advice where to buy replacement tops, have it replaced, where/what NOT to do, etc. If any of you want to make a little side scratch and can do a competent job, I'm happy to pay.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Oh man, that's not a fun job. I'll ask my painter if he knows someone.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #3

It's MUCH easier than you think, fiddly but easy, if you're looking for super easy then try and find a soft top and frame that got pulled off someones SPEC Miata or track rat. They're out there and changing a top that's already on a frame is super easy.

Contact 'Project G L.A.' in Baldwin Park for advice, products and maybe even someone to do an install.

You can also check out their 'G-String' which is awesome for the summer, Miatas are small and the top comes down but ask anyone who owns a convertible how fun they are at 1:00pm on any given July day, airflow is almost nil in these things to, a little better with the top down but not much.

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Thanks for the tips. The OEMs on frame I'm seeing used are not particularly cheap. Mmm.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)