Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-22-2015, 01:09 AM   #51
pain's fun, hit me again

Now, usually when you get off the train you show your train pass and you're on your way. Not so in Kawaguchiko. I was required to give me passport for a photocopy, take a photo, and give my itinerary for my stay.

Why you ask? At the base of Mt Fuji lies Aokigahara Jukai. Also known as the sea of trees. Which is tied for number 1 in the world for committing suicide. Here are a few shots from google.

Now that you know a little of the towns history I can continue.
First up was the caves beneath the volcano

Now it was over 105* that day AND 100% humidity. Until I walked down these stairs, where inside the caves was near 0*
Now I was freezing my fuckin balls off cause I was wearing my typical tank top and shorts

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 12-22-2015, 01:09 AM   #52
pain's fun, hit me again

This door keeps you from going deeper into the caves and the bats nests
Everything closed,I got something to eat and was back at it early AM again.

Wonderful view of Mt Fuji from my room

Went back to Aokigahara for the other caves

These caves were originally used as storage for food

When law enforcement believes there is someone who didnt come back, or is missing, they bring out the cadaver dogs

Marked suicide areas, they request you not explore due to the density of the forest. It was very bright, but you can see how little sunlight comes through

I was hesitant to wander from the bark path cause I am terrible with directions and the GPS on my phone was not very accurate in the forest.

What's odd about this forest is the is NO soil, it's all lava rock. They call the trees "parasitic trees" cause they grow and feed off each other, and it's difficult to understand how the trees actually grow.
As I reached the last parked path, I could hear the cadaver dogs howling, they had found someone...I unfortunately could not find my way to where they were to see what.

Last of the caves before I left, this one I had to crawl and my hands and knees to get through

Finally back in Tokyo, pouring rain, I got a capsule to have a place for my shit while I wandered around all night before my flight.

The same chef who I ate with my first day told me to come back my last day. He again honored me with the gift of charging me for just the fish, gave me several keepsakes to take home, and a way to email their son to stay in touch

Until next time Japan...
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!