Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Yea, I can see me now-drive up in a Hyundai Genesis "Who wants to run it?" . . .
That'd be pimp.

Anyway, you're not exactly rolling in modern american iron as it is.

The funny thing is my wife, whose Japanese, says why don't I get a new Vette cuz probably we could deal. I'm too pissed at the UAW to give those companies a penny now. And the deals aren't good enough anyway. I'm that much of a hard a**. Now if a ZO6 gets down to $50k or a ZR1 to $70k, it may be more than I can resist.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That'd be pimp.

Anyway, you're not exactly rolling in modern american iron as it is.

The funny thing is my wife, whose Japanese, says why don't I get a new Vette cuz probably we could deal. I'm too pissed at the UAW to give those companies a penny now. And the deals aren't good enough anyway. I'm that much of a hard a**. Now if a ZO6 gets down to $50k or a ZR1 to $70k, it may be more than I can resist.
Modern Iron what's that?? I know what modern plastic is.

Yea, a real hard ass. The only one you are hurting is you. Have you even talked to a salesperson on the Vette?? They might just surprise you. It may be now or never. Your call.

It's not how much you pay on sticker or even with discounts and sticker, it's how much you pay a month for the vehicle.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
. . .It's not how much you pay on sticker or even with discounts and sticker, it's how much you pay a month for the vehicle.
Trust me, I'm a fanatic when it comes to cash flow management. One of my favorite words is no. (Does that surprise you.) Which improves positive cash flow, and the bit most people stumble over, frees me to have more cash to do what I want with. It's amazing.

I bought my 82' Vette in 04'. There will be Vettes a plenty for decades to come even if GM is tossed into the dust bin of history. That's not what I want by the way. I'm just livid about even the merest suggestion that a penny of taxpayer dollars go to pay the benefits of ANY private employee of ANY company. However, when I hear UAW reps speak, a tumor begins to form in my brain. They really are shockingly unaware of the world we live in, so I am loathe to support their existence in any way. I'd like to accelerate its end if possible. Like choking off their money supply. After all, they ain't earning it. Until they fix that, I really don't want to do business with them.

Same goes for the state government of CA. Can't wait til they go bankrupt and have to virtually shut down. Grow up mutha-fuckas and stop being so damned selfish. Your killing us.

Anyway, while it's truly tempting to spend some of my available cash on toys because they are way cheap now, I think it is far wiser to be investing, because some real assets are also way cheap now. This will get me a lot closer to my ultimate goal of real freedom. I'm swinging for the fences.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #14
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Trust me, I'm a fanatic when it comes to cash flow management. One of my favorite words is no. (Does that surprise you.) Which improves positive cash flow, and the bit most people stumble over, frees me to have more cash to do what I want with. It's amazing.

I bought my 82' Vette in 04'. There will be Vettes a plenty for decades to come even if GM is tossed into the dust bin of history. That's not what I want by the way. I'm just livid about even the merest suggestion that a penny of taxpayer dollars go to pay the benefits of ANY private employee of ANY company. However, when I hear UAW reps speak, a tumor begins to form in my brain. They really are shockingly unaware of the world we live in, so I am loathe to support their existence in any way. I'd like to accelerate its end if possible. Like choking off their money supply. After all, they ain't earning it. Until they fix that, I really don't want to do business with them.

Same goes for the state government of CA. Can't wait til they go bankrupt and have to virtually shut down. Grow up mutha-fuckas and stop being so damned selfish. Your killing us.

Anyway, while it's truly tempting to spend some of my available cash on toys because they are way cheap now, I think it is far wiser to be investing, because some real assets are also way cheap now. This will get me a lot closer to my ultimate goal of real freedom. I'm swinging for the fences.

The only trouble with swinging for the fences is that your chances to strike out go WAY up (which I know you are more than aware of). But, it's a plan that I can see YOU doing. I hope you have better luck than I did in the 70 and 80s. Of, course you're much more centered than I ever was. Too many women for me.
I understand your thinking. I just quit worring about being independent with money and just do it with life in general (if you understand what I mean)
2016 Nissan Altma