Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I like the centrifugal on my Cobra. So much so that's what I'm going to do with the Chevelle for the next engine.
How does it behave down low on the Cobra? One reason why Like the roots/twin screw is because of the low rev torque you get right away. The thing I like about NA motors is the (hopefully) linear power band; not such a big fan of peaky power bands.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
Fast & Filthy

The Cobra pretty much feels the same as before I had the Vortech. I did notice with my new clutch (Spec Stage 3+) that it's easy to stall the car when taking off. The Spec doesn't slip that much it just grabs. Most people who try to drive my car (car washes, oil shops, etc.) stall it.

I broke the supercharger belt not to long ago and had to wait a couple days for a new one. While driving those two days the thottle response when taking of was much better which shows how much the blower is pulling from the engine. I guess it's kind of like having turbo lag only not to the same extent.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
. . .
I broke the supercharger belt not to long ago and had to wait a couple days for a new one. While driving those two days the thottle response when taking of was much better which shows how much the blower is pulling from the engine. I guess it's kind of like having turbo lag only not to the same extent.
That's what I'm talking about. I'd ultimately like to Road Race the Vette a little, and that's where the NA shines. Snap response, linear powerband, doesn't have the same heat problems. And these days, it's not all that hard to get beyond 500BHP on a mid displacement NA motor, which except for drag racing and high speed runs, is big plenty. Like I said, though, I wouldn't turn down a Kenne Bell if someone wanted to give me one. . . Anyone? Anyone?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #14

You know, while I am aware of all the limitations and downsides to it, there is something to be said for these roots/twinscrew blowers...damn its fun having a lil ol 4.6 that feels like a big block down low. And if you set up the blower differently its still fantastic at high revs too (top fuel? - the original cobra development motor that made 450hp at 6200 rpms? ) That being said...I think id rather have a turbo...of course....why choose just one?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

I don't know if it's in production, but VW was working on a small displacement that was a combo of a SC and TC; SC in the low revs, then bypass and switch to TC.

I'm curious about the motor I think Mitsubishi is working on that's a combo of a hi-compression N/A motor and low-compression Turbo motor. That's right, variable compression using linkages in the rods to change their length. The idea is under lower loads the engine would run higher compression NA because it is inherently more thermoally effecient, and boosted lower compression under load conditions.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)