Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
BTW he wants $700 for that stroker kit, not $1000 read all the way down.

That 408 with a mild h/c/i will make around 550hp and get better mileage then a 302 in that truck making 300hp, food for thought.
Haha well then, I guess I'll join that forum and send him a message. If he still has it next week I'll probably get it. I'll jut hide it from the old lady in the garage behind some junk haha.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #12

All i will need is a good block and some heads. With 6.25 length rods will a 302 work? Or will i.have to go to a 351 block?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

Thats a complete kit. Sell off the pistons and buy some dished ones and you'll be set.

A 302 and 351 are similar blocks but no internals are compatible other then the cam, a 351w crank is larger and so are the rods.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #14

It didnt seem like the block was included in the listing, just the rotating assembly, flexplate, and balancer. If that is the price for a whole long block then hell yea thats a steal... i just need to get my damn account verified on their forum lol... watch im too late because of that haha

Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
pain's fun, hit me again

Long block wasnt mentioned, you'll still need heads and a block. Blocks are cheap, iron heads are cheap. If it was $700 for a long block i'd have bought it, relisted it and sold it already.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #16

Haha yea I have seen some 302 blocks for under $500. What cylinder heads are good? I know gt40s are good for mustangs and such but I'm not sure how they would work.for a moto stroked 100 cubes bigger. Ugh its annoying not knowing as much about Fords as I do about chevys. Guess it was bound to happen. I gotta do some more research. Get a mild cam then maybe some used gt40s, port and polish, new valve train, edlebrock dual plane and a 500cfm carb would probably be good for my plans. Its been a while since me and my dad played with carbs... i miss how simple life is with them.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

Gt40's arent great. They're cheap and better then E7's, but thats it. Buy a set of RHS or World irons for about $5xx each, you'll want a 215cc runner at least, bigger is better with small blocks. Especially with a big inch windsor.

Carbs i "guess" are simple. But on an n/a motor the EFI system will tune itself, need no tinkering and get great mileage. Go with an efi out of a truck or mustang and you can do it for cheap.

Stopping the world!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Gt40's arent great. They're cheap and better then E7's, but thats it. Buy a set of RHS or World irons for about $5xx each, you'll want a 215cc runner at least, bigger is better with small blocks. Especially with a big inch windsor.

Carbs i "guess" are simple. But on an n/a motor the EFI system will tune itself, need no tinkering and get great mileage. Go with an efi out of a truck or mustang and you can do it for cheap.
Yea, I already have tuning software for efi stuff. I just need something that is OBD2. And hopefully its compatible with my HP tuners software. I have never done an efi install so I might be a little lost for a bit. So many wires... I hate wires so much.

I'm just glad the truck runs well enough to drive while I get all the parts and stuff ready. Grab an engine stand and start assembling stuff as I get it.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
pain's fun, hit me again

If you want obd2 you'll need to steal it out of a 95-97 truck. I'd stick with the mustang stuff though, tuning wont be needed and even if so a chip and a tune will run you under $400 and you'll never need another.

Stopping the world!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #20

Quote:
If you want obd2 you'll need to steal it out of a 95-97 truck. I'd stick with the mustang stuff though, tuning wont be needed and even if so a chip and a tune will run you under $400 and you'll never need another.
Yea... I'm looking at Explorer V8s on ebay. I didn't know they were the same thing as a mustang 5.0L. Maybe it's me being lazy but if I can piece together that drivetrain it would be a decent deal. I'm not a huge ebay fan but 600 bux for a complete, supposedly running, engine doesnt sound like a bad deal.

I don't know maybe that isn't a great idea but seems like a decent option. Remember I'm not going for more than like 300hp here. Just something to get me from point a to b and maybe with my dirtbike in the back. Plus they are OBD2 and I can tune the hell out of it if I want later on after a rebuild.