Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad
Exclamation Mustang 331/327 build

Alright, this build is finally underway.

Ron (94cobra69ss396) and I pulled the motor out today and tomorrow I will start disassembly and some cleaning of the parts that will be reused.

The plan (as of now, subject to change, void where prohibited, etc etc) is to check the cylinders to see if they are out of round - if they are, the block will be bored .030" over and will be 331ci with either the CHP street fighter or pro street (depending on $$) stroker kit. If the cylinders are still in good shape, I'm going to go with a 327ci with the pro street kit.

As a few of you guys already know, we came up on a killer deal on a Paxton Novi 2000 blower, so that'll be going on. I've already purchased new 180cc aluminum heads, but I'm still on the lookout for an intake manifold and have to purchase a new cam and a few odds and ends before it can be finished.

I don't really have a timeline on this right now because fall semester starts in 2 weeks, but I'm hoping for the car to be on the road again by November or so...

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)
Old 08-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

That thing is going to be a monster. I need to get the whipple on the Cobra ASAP.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Oh, and a friend is looking into doing a giant dyno day on November 20th. Kind of a domestic muscle car shootout. Try to have it ready by then
Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
That thing is going to be a monster. I need to get the whipple on the Cobra ASAP.
Don't bother Sean. You will still be slower than everyone else the way you drive.

Good luck Eric, I look forward to seeing and hearing this monster!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 08-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad

Here are the pictures from the first day.

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)
Old 08-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Awesome.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #7

Looks like you got a nice start on it.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Ron, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the stock block only good for 500whp or so (not the bottom end, but the actual block)? Eric's car should be well over that I'd imagine...
Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Ron, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the stock block only good for 500whp or so (not the bottom end, but the actual block)? Eric's car should be well over that I'd imagine...
That's what people say but the ones that break the block are the ones revving them high. We're building this simular to the 302 in my Cobra and are going to keep the RPMS at no higher than 6000 and only 10 PSI of boost. I figure with the 331, a little larger heads and a better cam that that he will probably make somewhere around 470-480 at the wheels on pump gas and 510-520 rwhp on race fuel.

Even at that his car will be faster than my Cobra because it will have more power and is a little lighter.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #10

This one was running fine on 12 PSI with water-meth injection. I added the water-meth injection after melting a piston, but the block was fine. I also kept it under 6000 RPMs.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?