Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad

experience is key, right? I'll get there someday, I've just never really done much on my own - always had Ron or my dad to help me (read: do the work for me). This car will basically be my entire learning experience on racing and performance upgrades.

don't you pay people to do all your work?

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)
Old 04-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #22

That was a great setup, they have a really awesome shop. My car put down 298 whp/257 wtq, subsequent pulls were less thanks to heat soak. One more reason why N/A motors are more consistent... anyway: here are a couple of vids.

The other cars, just some of them

My car

EDIT: one thing I want to say: I really love the sound that comes out of the supercharged Cobras. Frikken badass, nuff said 'Nother thing: a stock ZO6 that makes 440+ whp running rich is pretty crazy too...

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 04-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #23

Cool vid but little confused when it shows 212whp after my Supra. I put down 282whp.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #24
Graphics B*tch

Saw some nice cars there today. I was not planning on running but wanted to see if my tune was lean or rich to adjust it. Turns out I was running about 13.5 AF. I added some fuel and I am not sure if what I am hearing is knock anymore as Sean could not hear what I was hearing. I might even be imagining things now. I did put down 290hp and 305tq which is about a 20 point increase on each with my Xcal3.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 04-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #25
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97srad View Post
experience is key, right? I'll get there someday, I've just never really done much on my own - always had Ron or my dad to help me (read: do the work for me). This car will basically be my entire learning experience on racing and performance upgrades.

It depends what work is getting done. I do my own suspension and brake work because I go through it so much at the track. Motor work is different. I go through a motor every few years. I would rather have someone who has built dozens of the same motor machine and assemble it than do it myself. 12 years ago (wow) when I was rolling my Procharged GT I did some motor assembly (top end), but with a parts bill of $12K (current build) I have to know it will last. Plus I really don't have time, but I do have money. That's why I went to college.

This concludes the Baddassc6 public service announcement. Kids stay in school!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #26

Good seeing everyone again (even though my numbers mysterously went down )
312 --> 309hp
328 --> 313tq
Old 04-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
Cool vid but little confused when it shows 212whp after my Supra. I put down 282whp.
Sorry, I went back thru all of the video I captured and I didn't add those clips that showed the higher hp, my mistake. I'll fix the video and upload the new one probably today or tomorrow. Your dyno chart had a weird bump up top, what made it do that? Good #'s man. Are you on stock turbo?

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 04-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #28
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97srad View Post

That's what uncles are for. I enjoy helping you out. You'll get quicker with experience. I just couldn't resist giving you a hard time. Again, that's what uncles are for.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpalmer View Post
Sorry, I went back thru all of the video I captured and I didn't add those clips that showed the higher hp, my mistake. I'll fix the video and upload the new one probably today or tomorrow. Your dyno chart had a weird bump up top, what made it do that? Good #'s man. Are you on stock turbo?
I don't think that is my chart at all, the lowest I made was 263hp. Thanks and yes stock turbo
Old 04-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Go here for videos. More to come.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)