Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #21
Fast & Filthy

What size fuel injectors do you have now and what size are the new ones? Same goes for the MAF. Also, what is done to the engine besides a huge cam? What compression, heads, intake, etc.?

The E303 is a great cam. That's what I have in my Cobra.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
What size fuel injectors do you have now and what size are the new ones? Same goes for the MAF. Also, what is done to the engine besides a huge cam? What compression, heads, intake, etc.?

The E303 is a great cam. That's what I have in my Cobra.
I changed them out today and i have 19lb injectors, and the stock maf, but the sensor is matched for the injectors also. Stock compression, some cast iron heads that are ported to the same specs as AFR 185's, cobra upper and lower intake, bbk cold air intake, shorty equal length headers, bassani h pipe, flowmaster 40's, double roller timing chain, the block is not stock, its an aluminum sportsman block i think and i know all the internals are forged. Its a stout motor. The idle problem is a little better now that i installed matching smaller injectors and maf, but power band doesnt hit til 3k and it still likes to shut off on me when i put it in drive and reverse and whatnot. I checked all the grounds and vacuum lines and everything is good, no leaks whatsoever.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
I changed them out today and i have 19lb injectors, and the stock maf, but the sensor is matched for the injectors also. Stock compression, some cast iron heads that are ported to the same specs as AFR 185's, cobra upper and lower intake, bbk cold air intake, shorty equal length headers, bassani h pipe, flowmaster 40's, double roller timing chain, the block is not stock, its an aluminum sportsman block i think and i know all the internals are forged. Its a stout motor. The idle problem is a little better now that i installed matching smaller injectors and maf, but power band doesnt hit til 3k and it still likes to shut off on me when i put it in drive and reverse and whatnot. I checked all the grounds and vacuum lines and everything is good, no leaks whatsoever.
Aluminum block/iron heads. You don't hear that everyday.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Aluminum block/iron heads. You don't hear that everyday.
I know right ha. Couldn't afford any aluminum heads, the reciept he had for the motor equaled around 6 grand. I told him i only had 800 bucks. He said take it. I came to his house expecting to get a cobra upper and lower that were ported and some injectors. I ended up coming home with a new motor ha. I'm planning on changing them later down the road, but til then they flow just fine, just a little too heavy for my taste.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
I know right ha. Couldn't afford any aluminum heads, the reciept he had for the motor equaled around 6 grand. I told him i only had 800 bucks. He said take it. I came to his house expecting to get a cobra upper and lower that were ported and some injectors. I ended up coming home with a new motor ha. I'm planning on changing them later down the road, but til then they flow just fine, just a little too heavy for my taste.
After market will be lighter, but one of the other big deals is heat. Aluminum dissipates heat radically better than iron.

But wow, if you walked away with all that for $800, you did good.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #26

Forgot to add why i put the crappy heads, When i bought the motor off the guy he has some AFR 185's, but he said he wanted to keep them. So i went to my uncles house, got his heads machined and he let me have them. Pretty much got a bunch of hand me down parts.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
After market will be lighter, but one of the other big deals is heat. Aluminum dissipates heat radically better than iron.

But wow, if you walked away with all that for $800, you did good.
Ya that's why i was kind of bummed, always gotta be turning my electric fan on ha. But yea it was no joke, guy who lived out in Palmdale, had a lot of money, and spare motors, he said if he didn't sell it all it would be doing is taking up space. So i think i made out pretty good with that deal.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #28
Fast & Filthy

So we started the cam swap yesterday morning at around 9:30am. By 11:30am we had the cam out and discovered that he already had an E303. So we broke for lunch and ran to Autozone to pick up a new seal for the timing cover. By 1:30pm we started working on it again and we fixed a bunch of other issues while we were at it. We didn't finish until around 12:30am but Mike's Mustang is running better now. He still needs to fix some exhaust leaks and a hole in his gas tank that we temperarily fixed last night.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
Graphics B*tch

Ron you are the man!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 08-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #30

Yea, the car runs great now. The only thing is i actually have to end up getting a new gas tank this week. That epoxy stuff worked on the little pin hole on the bottom of the tank. But the bigger one on the other hand. I put a huge piece on it, let it sit for 5 hours this morning. As soon as i started pouring what little gas i had left in it, it started leaking. So I'm gonna try another temporary fix til i get get to a junkyard and pull one off. Thanks a lot again Ron. Your Cobra is sick btw ha. Laters