Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #11

No i don't have that, but that would probably be a good investment. Im hoping that when i take it apart on a friday, help or no help, i can get it running by saturday and tuned by sunday. Ill probably get the AAA card though. I gotta find out how much it costs though
Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
No i don't have that, but that would probably be a good investment. Im hoping that when i take it apart on a friday, help or no help, i can get it running by saturday and tuned by sunday. Ill probably get the AAA card though. I gotta find out how much it costs though
I think it's like $80-100 per year. Very well worth it. Lot's of substantial discounts, and they can do almost anything the DMV can do, except about 10x faster. But I forgot your car is running. I'm busy through the next two weekends, and live relatively close to you. I could provide a place (my place with all the necessary tools) for Ron to help you if by then nothing else works out.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #13

Yea it runs, and will make it wherever i wanna go, but it wont get there without bucking all over the place and not being to find an idle ha. And no way? Man that would be really awesome and i would definitely have to hook you up with something for letting me use your place if i cant find another way to handle this problem. I dont mind waiting a couple weeks either but ill pm you if anything. I gotta say though this forum is pretty dope. I dont mean to forum knock but on some mustang forums i dont even get so much as a reply for when i have a problem, and on this site, i got someone whos willing to help me out at the drop of a hat. Thanks alot man. Ill keep in touch, im just gonna wait for Ron? to drop me a line. Thanks again in advanced guys. THe names Mike by the way.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #14
Graphics B*tch

Mike,

I have the AAA plus membership (100 mile tow) and it is about $100 per year and well worth it. I reccomend it to everyone even if you have insurance with someoen else. I towed my buddy 96 miles to get his Buick engine worked on at no cost to me, no questions asked!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 08-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Yea it runs, and will make it wherever i wanna go, but it wont get there without bucking all over the place and not being to find an idle ha. And no way? Man that would be really awesome and i would definitely have to hook you up with something for letting me use your place if i cant find another way to handle this problem. I dont mind waiting a couple weeks either but ill pm you if anything. I gotta say though this forum is pretty dope. I dont mean to forum knock but on some mustang forums i dont even get so much as a reply for when i have a problem, and on this site, i got someone whos willing to help me out at the drop of a hat. Thanks alot man. Ill keep in touch, im just gonna wait for Ron? to drop me a line. Thanks again in advanced guys. THe names Mike by the way.
I can't help this weekend because I have plans on Saturday but if you're willing to drive out to Fontana where I live we could knock out the cam change on Saturday the following weekend.

Does the engine only have issues at idle? How does it car run at higher engine speeds? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure that the issue is the cam and not engine damage.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I can't help this weekend because I have plans on Saturday but if you're willing to drive out to Fontana where I live we could knock out the cam change on Saturday the following weekend.

Does the engine only have issues at idle? How does it car run at higher engine speeds? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure that the issue is the cam and not engine damage.
This weekend is no good for me either im moving to a new house. And yea it only has issues at idle. Higher speeds is cool, It does buck though and search for an idle a little bit because my calibration tube in the maf is for the wrong size injectors. But that isnt the problem though. I had everything matched on it last week and its the same problem. I know for sure its the camshaft though. And i know how it is with questions, you can never ask enough when trying to trouble shoot cause it could be a million different things. Everything is torqued down, all the vacuum lines are good, seals are good. Went over and over to see if it was anything else thats how we narrowed it down to the camshaft being the problem. Just pm me when you have a chance so we can arrange something. And yea i can drive out there its no problem.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
This weekend is no good for me either im moving to a new house. And yea it only has issues at idle. Higher speeds is cool, It does buck though and search for an idle a little bit because my calibration tube in the maf is for the wrong size injectors. But that isnt the problem though. I had everything matched on it last week and its the same problem. I know for sure its the camshaft though. And i know how it is with questions, you can never ask enough when trying to trouble shoot cause it could be a million different things. Everything is torqued down, all the vacuum lines are good, seals are good. Went over and over to see if it was anything else thats how we narrowed it down to the camshaft being the problem. Just pm me when you have a chance so we can arrange something. And yea i can drive out there its no problem.
I'll talk to my wife tonight and make sure she doesn't have any plans for Saturday 8/22 and get back to you.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #18

Quote:
I'll talk to my wife tonight and make sure she doesn't have any plans for Saturday 8/22 and get back to you.
Thank you so much for all your help man. I dont know if you read above im willing to give my lowering eibach lowering springs, and the nitrous cam if you want/need it. Along with some cash. But you let me know what is a good payment for you. Thanks again.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #19
Fast & Filthy

I'm good for Saturday the 22nd. PM me and we can talk about it some more. By the way as you already know I'm Ron but I didn't get your name.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #20

Quote:
I'm good for Saturday the 22nd. PM me and we can talk about it some more. By the way as you already know I'm Ron but I didn't get your name.
The names Mike! I PM'd you a few minutes ago. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again everyone who's helping me out! Youll be sure to see me at a couple meets, as i live close to alot of the places. Fudruckers being right down the street from me.